2019 QB Cornelious Brown (Calera High School)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 profile

Alabama QB recruiting takes turn as Crimson Tide offers Calera's Cornelius Brown

Brown projects as a quarterback in college -- he's not an athlete like current Tide running back and Calera product Ronnie Clark, who played quarterback in high school but was always projected to play another position -- so the Alabama offer appears curious at first glance. The Crimson Tide already has commitments from Hewitt-Trussville's Paul Tyson and Thompson's Taulia Tagovailoa in the Class of 2019.

But Tagovailoa visited Tennessee last weekend, and he's also received renewed interest from LSU, despite having committed to Alabama on A-Day earlier this year.

"If one of those guys does decide to de-commit, my offer becomes committable and I'm the next guy that they want," Brown said.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Interesting, Staff is feeling iffy about one of our QBs?
Maybe it's this angle?

Brown visited Alabama with teammate Jayson Jones, the state's No. 1 prospect for the Class of 2020 who is expected to pick between Alabama and Georgia next month.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jayson-Jones-46050182

Although if his Star is on the rise maybe they are thinking longer term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Maybe it's this angle?

Brown visited Alabama with teammate Jayson Jones, the state's No. 1 prospect for the Class of 2020 who is expected to pick between Alabama and Georgia next month.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jayson-Jones-46050182

Although if his Star is on the rise maybe they are thinking longer term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could well be, or, maybe, it`s " You shop, we shop ".

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Anyone think Taulia decommits and chooses UT? Pruitt is doing everything he can for commits at this point
I don't. Taulia's comments about wanting to play with Tua and how it would be difficult for his family to see them both play if he chooses to go elsewhere will win out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I originally thought Taulia's visits were more of a sign by the family to show he could go elsewhere if Tua doesn't get the job. If that was the case, this offer very well could be Saban saying "two can play this game."

Then again, Taulia might be serious about his visits and have no ulterior motives.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I don't. Taulia's comments about wanting to play with Tua and how it would be difficult for his family to see them both play if he chooses to go elsewhere will win out.
agreed 100%. unless Tua transfers, little brother is a staying close to home. their parents didn't moved all the way from Hawaii to watch both sons play at 2 different schools on Saturdays. that's why I felt so confident that Taulia would chose Alabama as his college choice in the end.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I just think Taulia is enjoying recruiting. I know I would take some trips if I could.

As for Calera, man they are getting up there. I can remember when we played Calera and Briarwood, and we were a 2A school!:eek2:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
agreed 100%. unless Tua transfers, little brother is a staying close to home. their parents didn't moved all the way from Hawaii to watch both sons play at 2 different schools on Saturdays. that's why I felt so confident that Taulia would chose Alabama as his college choice in the end.
This is pretty much where I am at as well.......I think schools will try to pry him away, but I think he is going to stick with it

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.