Recruits that You Coveted More Than Others

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
There was some debate here whether he should be a linebacker.
DH won the Heisman and will be a HOF NFL RB...however, he could have had all of this and a longer career -- with much more money -- at outside LB or DE. I'm glad he played RB...really loved watching him...but there is no doubt as to which position pays more over the long haul.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
DH won the Heisman and will be a HOF NFL RB...however, he could have had all of this and a longer career -- with much more money -- at outside LB or DE. I'm glad he played RB...really loved watching him...but there is no doubt as to which position pays more over the long haul.
Especially in today’s game. The only reason he’s premier is because there just aren’t a lot of people in history with his athleticism.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
DH broke Ken Hall's HS rushing record, that had stood for 60 years.

This was pointed out to those who viewed him at LB.

Reactions: Padreruf

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
DH broke Ken Hall's HS rushing record, that had stood for 60 years.

This was pointed out to those who viewed him at LB.
No doubt he was the best HS, CFB and now NFL RB of his day. -- or just about any day. I was just noting that in today's game RB's are underpaid compared to LB's and DE's who have size and can run. That's all...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
No doubt he was the best HS, CFB and now NFL RB of his day. -- or just about any day. I was just noting that in today's game RB's are underpaid compared to LB's and DE's who have size and can run. That's all...
Agreed, however, if DH had been moved to LB very good chance we would not have won the NC in '15 and DH certainly would not have won the Heisman. People who were saying he should get moved to LB did not think a 6' 3" 235 lb RB could be effective in the SEC.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Agreed, however, if DH had been moved to LB very good chance we would not have won the NC in '15 and DH certainly would not have won the Heisman. People who were saying he should get moved to LB did not think a 6' 3" 235 lb RB could be effective in the SEC.
It was a safe bet, because he’s the first one to do it lol.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
This goes back a few years, but i remember when we landed B.J. Scott. The talk wasn't that he would be great, but at what position. I always wondered what happened there.. Did we just misevaluate? The other was tyler love, Shula lands a 5 star, i couldn't believe it. Also flamed out, couldn't gain and maintain the weight. Recruiting is tough stuff, our staff throughout the last decade has been righteous. We have been fortunate.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
I always thought we wanted Kwon badly but we were squeezed by the numbers that year, especially at linebacker
In this case, same thing. If we weren't squeezed by the numbers, we wouldn't have passed. Just had guys higher up on the board. Also, I seem to recall he got tired of waiting and went with LSU.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
This goes back a few years, but i remember when we landed B.J. Scott. The talk wasn't that he would be great, but at what position. I always wondered what happened there.. Did we just misevaluate? The other was tyler love, Shula lands a 5 star, i couldn't believe it. Also flamed out, couldn't gain and maintain the weight. Recruiting is tough stuff, our staff throughout the last decade has been righteous. We have been fortunate.
Late reply. But I remember hearing even saban was excited about B.J. Scott. It’s why think NIL while important isn’t gonna be the end all Be all going forward. It’s hard to evaluate 15-18 year old kids.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
David Paine out of Memphis. Had 42 sacks his senior year of HS.
David Paine, that's a blast from the past. I remember there was a rumor we got his mom a job at the paper mill. I think his girlfriend got pregnant, and that derailed his career, although not sure about that.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.