We were warned 30 years ago by NASA that global warming was ‘hitting us hard'

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Don't you know that your only choice is to denigrate one party and make excuses for the other? You have a binary choice. Thinking for yourself is silly. You have to wear a uniform or else we don't know who to shoot at, which means we shoot at people not wearing uniforms.
Personally I think hard about most issues. I don't always line up with the GOP. But I do believe that most of the time they are closer to my belief system. So, i would prefer they stay in power.

But I do think for myself. But seldom agree with the left

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
U.S. court dismisses climate change lawsuits against top oil companies

The dangers raised by the complainants are real and worldwide, and that both parties accepted the science behind global warming, Judge William Alsup of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California said in the ruling.

"(However), the problem deserves a solution on a more vast scale than can be supplied by a District Judge or jury in a public nuisance case," Judge Alsup said

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The republicans aren't morons or ignorant. They simply are satisfying the expectations of those that put them into office

Ditto for the Dems. Most politicians are quite smart and informed. They are just not interested in the future of the planet. They are interested in lining their pockets

This isn't an issue of ignorance. It's what it's been since WW2. It's corruption
Dismissing global warming is a textbook definition of ignorant.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Dismissing global warming is a textbook definition of ignorant.
actually - that's not true.... you can be presented with evidence, and still have a difference of opinion. Especially since most that disagree with Global Warming - do so on the basis that the data is:

1. Limited
2. Biased/Altered
3. Over a small span of time
4. Often excludes alternate explanations

OR

people may accept it exists, but not believe it's a man-made scenario. Many are well read on the subject but disagree with some aspect of the findings.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
One last comment, then I'm out again. I just read this, and I tend to separate from the "conservatives" on climate change and probably from most in regard to the causes. We are overpopulated and as a result are creating too much waste, carbon dioxide, pollution, etc. and not using the science to help clean up the rivers, lakes, oceans, atmosphere, etc. because it will cut into profits. Unfortunately, government is owned by Wall Street who wants profits, and Wall Street owns all the large corporations so...basically, we're screwed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...ld-during-the-past-week/ar-AAzxdnO?li=BBnbcA1

Ironically, this ties in nicely to the video I just shared because, if true, we're going to see a mass migration (already occurring in NA & Africa/Europe) which is going to lead to more discourse and eventually more wars/culling as countries fight to stem the flow of immigrants into their countries that will consume their resources as well. Ciao.

:lurk5:

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
One last comment, then I'm out again. I just read this, and I tend to separate from the "conservatives" on climate change and probably from most in regard to the causes. We are overpopulated and as a result are creating too much waste, carbon dioxide, pollution, etc. and not using the science to help clean up the rivers, lakes, oceans, atmosphere, etc. because it will cut into profits. Unfortunately, government is owned by Wall Street who wants profits, and Wall Street owns all the large corporations so...basically, we're screwed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...ld-during-the-past-week/ar-AAzxdnO?li=BBnbcA1

Ironically, this ties in nicely to the video I just shared because, if true, we're going to see a more migration (already occurring in NA & Africa/Europe) which is going to lead to more discourse and eventually more wars/culling as countries fight to stem the flow of immigrants into their countries that will consume their resources as well. Ciao.

:lurk5:
Real picture of DBF:

;)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Key U.S. Internet Infrastructure Will Likely Be Underwater in 15 Years, Scientists Say

The situation is particularly dire for internet infrastructure in New York City, Miami and Seattle, researchers from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Oregon say. The effects would likely ripple across the internet, potentially disrupting global communications.

"Most of the damage that's going to be done in the next 100 years will be done sooner than later," said Paul Barford, a UW-Madison professor of computer science and an authority on the physical internet, which includes the buried fiber optic cables, data centers, traffic exchanges and termination points that are the nerve centers, arteries and hubs of the vast global information network.

Barford noted that the results of the team's research came as a "surprise."

"The expectation was that we'd have 50 years to plan for it," he said. "We don't have 50 years."

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Yep --

My question is -- is that these lines can't be more than 15-20 years old, right? If they believed that Global Warming was happening, why build them so close to areas that they thought would be under water?

Those lines may not be that old -- I can't find out when they were laid....

How about someone lay the blame on the companies who laid the lines in areas that were expected to be underwater in 50 years.....

Who buried the cables and when? Wouldn't they be the ones truly responsible for this potential issue?

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
Remove the adjustments added by "scientists" and there is no change. This is a hoax for two reasons, monetary and political. The left has nothing to offer except fear. Anyone who disagrees is shamed and ridiculed without any regard for facts. When I say facts, I mean real facts, not so called scientific adjusted facts. There is actually this website called GOOGLE where a person leaning left can actually look up information to verify facts, and if that person looks hard enough and ignores the obvious, they can even find lies, I mean "facts" that support their position. Anyone who truly desires the truth can find it easily. If you want to believe a lie, there are plenty of liars out there publishing BS.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Remove the adjustments added by "scientists" and there is no change. This is a hoax for two reasons, monetary and political. The left has nothing to offer except fear. Anyone who disagrees is shamed and ridiculed without any regard for facts. When I say facts, I mean real facts, not so called scientific adjusted facts. There is actually this website called GOOGLE where a person leaning left can actually look up information to verify facts, and if that person looks hard enough and ignores the obvious, they can even find lies, I mean "facts" that support their position. Anyone who truly desires the truth can find it easily. If you want to believe a lie, there are plenty of liars out there publishing BS.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i think the term you are looking for is "alternative facts"

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...a-marine-heat-waves-wreak-havoc-wildlife.html

Seawater off San Diego has hit a record 81.3 degrees Farenheit.

The shocking temperature is the highest all-time high seawater temperature in California since daily measurements began in 1916.

It comes as new research warns that 'marine heat waves' have doubled since 1982 - and are going to become even more common.

'Just like we have heat waves on land, we also have heat waves in the ocean,' said Art Miller of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
Nothing to see here. Move along. I'm sure the massive wildfires, the now annual and ever expanding "dead" zone in the GOM and the red tide off of Florida, massive pollution in China & India, deforestation and overpopulation are all independent and not related.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.