Link: Peter Fonda out after sickening tweets

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Always a good thing to have facts to help understand things.

That said....are asylum seekers considered "illegal"? I ask because there's a whole lot of that word being used in coverage of this snafu over this past week.

"Asylum seekers" is also being used, but I wouldn't blame the average person who wouldn't understand the difference - especially if they relied on the mainstream media for their information.

I know this sounds like another of my attacks on the media, and maybe it is, but really and truly there's a lot that could be made more clearer than there is right now just on this one point, IMHO.
According to the US government (link posted in Trump thread) asylum seekers must be on US soil and may apply no matter their current immigration status. Numerous reports exist (also posted in that thread) that asylum seekers crossing at a port of entry legally were arrested and separated from their children. Do you have any thoughts on these matters?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I think separating the children from the parents was dumb as hell. Just saw on MSNBC that 95%of illegal immigrants return to court for their hearing. Seems awfully high, Said shortfall of judges push some hearing dates back 4 years. 700000 person backlog now.

$350 per day person for detention center. $1.50 per day for ankle monitor. I think alot of the info coming out from both sides is erroneous.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think separating the children from the parents was dumb as hell. Just saw on MSNBC that 95%of illegal immigrants return to court for their hearing. Seems awfully high, Said shortfall of judges push some hearing dates back 4 years. 700000 person backlog now.

$350 per day person for detention center. $1.50 per day for ankle monitor. I think alot of the info coming out from both sides is erroneous.
create a crisis, then use that as an excuse to "justify" the racism, solve the "problem". wash, rinse, repeat.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
No she is free game because 1) She is an adult and 2) She had a choice of being associated with him. Sure there is an ethical limit of what you can say about her but I don't think we have reached it.
She is not free game-she is the First Lady, and carries herself accordingly.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I'll give you that.

But, NOTHING done has warranted the shameful way Trump is abusing these kids stopped at the border.
\
Trump isn't doing anything different than his predecessor. If anything, the conditions are at least better now.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
You're worried about how Barron will feel when I am concerned about the CO2 shortage in England and its impact on beer sales. You need to prioritize your concerns. :wink:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Agreed. There's no evidence That ICE is putting detained children in cages with pedophiles.

Yet.

https://lawandcrime.com/immigration...-manage-children-at-migrant-detention-center/

eta- Before panties get twisted I realize this is a bit different than what has been stated.

x2

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-obta...ead-abuse-child-immigrants-us-custody?lang=en

The report is based on over 30,000 pages of documents dated between 2009 and 2014. The documents were obtained by the ACLU Foundation of San Diego & Imperial Counties and the ACLU Foundation of Arizona through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit co-counseled with Cooley LLP. The documents feature numerous cases of shocking violence and abuse against migrant children, many of whom arrived in the United States fleeing violence in their home countries.

Examples of the documented abuses include allegations that CBP officials:

Punched a child’s head three times
Kicked a child in the ribs
Used a stun gun on a boy, causing him to fall to the ground, shaking, with his eyes rolling back in his head
Ran over a 17-year-old with a patrol vehicle and then punched him several times
Verbally abused detained children, calling them dogs and “other ugly things”
Denied detained children permission to stand or move freely for days and threatened children who stood up with transfer to solitary confinement in a small, freezing room
Denied a pregnant minor medical attention when she reported pain, which preceded a stillbirth
Subjected a 16-year-old girl to a search in which they “forcefully spread her legs and touched her private parts so hard that she screamed”
Left a 4-pound premature baby and her minor mother in an overcrowded and dirty cell full of sick people, against medical advice
Threw out a child’s birth certificate and threatened him with sexual abuse by an adult male detainee.
This happened during the previous administration. But I'm sure the more openly hostile and xenophobic President has helped things to not be as bad. More fuel for the "both sides" apologists but the information needs to be out there even though I doubt either President saw/sees the full scale of what is actually happening in these places.

Last edited:

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
So Michelle didn’t?
There is a lot of Kids that would love to cut her throat for the food that she wanted them to eat. I know it is healthy but a high percentage would not eat it and go home hungry.
As far as the argument about illegal children of illegal immigrants and how they are treated I just say follow the law that has been ignore for so long.
On the same subject with all the Children in our own nation that is treated far worse then these illegal children are that is the outrage I have. Protect our own FIRST then look to others. Its like black lives matter is black on black crimes with drive by shooting is killing young children but they don't care about that but what the cops is doing so looking away from the main problem in these communities. Politics rules!!!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
There is a lot of Kids that would love to cut her throat for the food that she wanted them to eat. I know it is healthy but a high percentage would not eat it and go home hungry.
As far as the argument about illegal children of illegal immigrants and how they are treated I just say follow the law that has been ignore for so long.
On the same subject with all the Children in our own nation that is treated far worse then these illegal children are that is the outrage I have. Protect our own FIRST then look to others. Its like black lives matter is black on black crimes with drive by shooting is killing young children but they don't care about that but what the cops is doing so looking away from the main problem in these communities. Politics rules!!!
Oh, okay

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Protect our own first. Very biblical.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
People want to kill Michelle Obama because they don’t like school lunches?

I went to school long before she was First Lady. The school lunches weren’t great then. I seriously doubt they are any worse now. I suspect if First Lady Cindy McCain had been advocating school nutrition the haters would have been raving about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.