But his emails!!! (EPA Chief Pruitt using private email server?)

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
EPA Chief Pruitt has sent one email in 10 months

An examination of Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt’s government email accounts has uncovered only one message he wrote to anyone outside EPA during his first 10 months in office — a number that has watchdogs questioning whether he is communicating in private.

EPA says Pruitt mainly holds discussions in person or over the phone, which would explain the meager electronic trail for his external communications. But Pruitt’s critics remain suspicious — especially in light of all the steps the agency has taken to conceal his activities, from refusing to release his meeting calendars to installing a $43,000 soundproof booth in his office.
He had a history of using private email servers as OK AG.

It's really a testament to Trump that his antics manage to keep Pruitt relegated to sideshow status.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The only trouble Priutt might have is if Trump decides Pruitt is giving Trump a run for his money in" the most disgusting grifter on the national stage" contest.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Gee,JT. There could be innocent explanations. Maybe Pruitt is too busy doing the People's Business to send emails. He can't send emails from the special private secure phone booth in his office. Pruitt is too busy telling his employees to scour the known universe for used bedding.

Try and think the best of people.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I think the issue is whether "classified" matters are involved, not that a private server/email is being used.

What is considered as "classified" might be another discussion.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The day to day stuff coming out of the WH is so insane that this doesn't even register on the radar of the news media. Just insane.
i hope this isn't too whiny

pruitt is a piece of work

The round-the-clock security detail for Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt cost taxpayers almost $3.5 million during his first year in office, according to figures published Friday by the agency.

The EPA spent more than $2.7 million on agents’ salaries and roughly $760,00 on travel costs as part of that coverage, records released under the Freedom of Information Act show. The amount is nearly double what taxpayers paid annually on average to provide security for Pruitt’s two immediate predecessors, Gina McCarthy and Lisa Jackson, during their tenures.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Some info about government email protocols.

https://www.govloop.com/community/blog/11tipsonemailretention/

Emails are public property until a determining agency says otherwise?

Pruitt was sued in Oklahoma for refusing to turn over his emails.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/08022017/scott-pruitt-epa-lawsuit-emails-center-media-democracy

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...tt-emails-oklahoma-fossil-fuels-koch-brothers

i hope this isn't too whiny
The horde speaks!! :biggrin:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
There's a difference between being critical and being whiny. I'm most certainly critical of Trump.
So...
More whiny = offended by concentration camps, the most rampant corruption our country has ever seen, and a myriad of other assaults on our institutions

Less whiny = deli mustard and tan suits upset me! Also his wife has manly arms! conspiracy theories about his birth place!!!

Also can you please point out specifically what in the thread prior to your post was whiny as opposed to critical? I'm not seeing whiny.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
So...
More whiny = offended by concentration camps, the most rampant corruption our country has ever seen, and a myriad of other assaults on our institutions

Less whiny = deli mustard and tan suits upset me! Also his wife has manly arms! conspiracy theories about his birth place!!!

Also can you please point out specifically what in the thread prior to your post was whiny as opposed to critical? I'm not seeing whiny.
Ironically, UA's post is clearly the whiniest in the thread. The OP must've struck a nerve.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
So...

Of course you aren't seeing it because the whining tickles your ears.

The thread title and the first reply to the thread are very whiny. While the OP has a very valid point he's trying to make, the method of his making it is less about the actual issue and more about getting in a dig at those who were whining about Hillary.

It's about the method, not the message. If you sound like a 12-15 year old kid while making your point, then your point is most likely not being made.

Trump's a joke and will most likely, deservedly get impeached some time before the end of his term and I'll be just fine with that.

Also, you lose all credibility when you revile something "this president" is doing when you happily ignored the same things occurring under the last one.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Ironically, UA's post is clearly the whiniest in the thread. The OP must've struck a nerve.
You're confusing whining with mocking derision.

The whole Dem vs GOP back and forth would be hilariously pathetic - if the general idiocy of the vast majority of those who identify as Dem or GOP wasn't jeopardizing our future.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Of course you aren't seeing it because the whining tickles your ears.

The thread title and the first reply to the thread are very whiny. While the OP has a very valid point he's trying to make, the method of his making it is less about the actual issue and more about getting in a dig at those who were whining about Hillary.

It's about the method, not the message. If you sound like a 12-15 year old kid while making your point, then your point is most likely not being made.

Trump's a joke and will most likely, deservedly get impeached some time before the end of his term and I'll be just fine with that.

Also, you lose all credibility when you revile something "this president" is doing when you happily ignored the same things occurring under the last one.
The thread title is a reference to complaints about Hillary. It's tongue in cheek, not whiny. The first response is pointing out that often with the Republicans what they complain about is what they're doing. Also not whiny. Other than the mocking thread title I don't see anything in the OP as the posting of a 12-15 year old kid.

For about the millionth time I'll remind people that I complained about Obama a lot during his presidency. The same things were not occurring. It definitely wasn't all roses and candy...but it's not in the same stratosphere. It's just not. The both sides stuff in this instance is mostly garbage and right wing propaganda.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
The thread title is a reference to complaints about Hillary. It's tongue in cheek, not whiny. The first response is pointing out that often with the Republicans what they complain about is what they're doing. Also not whiny. Other than the mocking thread title I don't see anything in the OP as the posting of a 12-15 year old kid.
Well, since the mocking thread title is specifically what I mentioned about the OP...

For about the millionth time I'll remind people that I complained about Obama a lot during his presidency. The same things were not occurring. It definitely wasn't all roses and candy...but it's not in the same stratosphere. It's just not. The both sides stuff in this instance is mostly garbage and right wing propaganda.
So, your contention is that widespread corruption did not exist in the Federal Government, that massive overspending wasn't occurring, and that - for example - children weren't being separated from the parents by INS under Obama?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.