Who wins the Miami vs LSU game?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Did not mean to sound like a smart arse, it's just one of those games that does not mean as much as it once did. I do think Miami will win.
I will watch if I can just because of the teams matching up. Talent all over the field. But I can't see myself pulling for either team

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Miami was kind of exposed last year beating a bunch of nobodies in close games (the one home blowout win over Notre Dame notwithstanding) before losing three in a row. They were humiliated and totally outclassed by Clemson in the ACC Title Game and beaten pretty decisively by Wisconsin in the Orange Bowl... But I like Richt and the trajectory of the program, especially if they feel like they have a chip on their shoulder after how last year ended.

LSU feels like it's on a downward trajectory. I just don't believe in Coach O in any capacity and I think his tenure ultimately ends in ruin. They still have enough defense to stay competitive but I think this will be a close loss in a season full of them for LSU.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
To give a “real” answer. I believe that unless Burrows is as good as people have been jawing about then this very well could be the worst LSU team since 99. I still think academic requirements are going to hold Richt back for a few years but I believe his trajectory is better that Oeaux’s. I see this game coming down to coaching like the Michigan- UF game last year in Dallas and see Miami winning 30-20.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I know it`s only the first game, but I think that were it to occur, a blowout loss could start LSU on a downward trajectory from which they could not recover. If that were to happen, Coach O might not see season`s end. Not predicting that, mind, but with Coach O, one never knows!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't think Miami has the horses to keep up with LSU if the Tigers are prepared. I don't think Orgeron is LSU's answer, but my gut tells me LSU will win this one, probably by seven or less.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The old Miami 'THE U' in a fight with the new Cajun hatred for all things Saban for my cheers. Hmmm. I guess it will be the SEC being the deciding factor. I like corndogs and I don't like storms. So ….… go tigers.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I’m still trying to figure out how 7SU is unranked in one magazine and 11 in another...
It depends on the criteria used to rank. Some use stats with (recruiting, returning starters and schedule), some a combination of stats and intuition. Then there are those who rank how they begin and others rank how they finish. Some of them always rank some Cinderella up high -- for the clicks and attention IMO.

LSU will be in the top 15 if using stats and probably not ranked if using intuition.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
It depends on the criteria used to rank. Some use stats with (recruiting, returning starters and schedule), some a combination of stats and intuition. Then there are those who rank how they begin and others rank how they finish. Some of them always rank some Cinderella up high -- for the clicks and attention IMO.

LSU will be in the top 15 if using stats and probably not ranked if using intuition.
Well that’s my whole point. Both sides of the situation are unthinkable. How can LSU be unranked with all that talent? At the same time, how can they be as high as #11 when Ogre is their coach? It’s such a paradox...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well that’s my whole point. Both sides of the situation are unthinkable. How can LSU be unranked with all that talent? At the same time, how can they be as high as #11 when Ogre is their coach? It’s such a paradox...
https://247sports.com/Article/Phil-Steele-picks-LSU-fifth-in-the-SEC-West-119227202/

For LSU, Steele feels the Tigers will finish fifth in the SEC Western Division and will be fighting for bowl eligibility late in the season.Steele picked Alabama first in the West ahead of Auburn, Mississippi State, Texas A&M then LSU with Arkansas and Ole Miss in the cellar
Steele did not include LSU in his preseason Top 40, leaving Street & Smith as the only preseason magazine to tab the Tigers as a Top 25 team at No. 17. Athlon Sports ranked LSU No. 26 and Lindy’s Sports pegged the Tigers four spots lower at No. 30

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.