CFN: Because it's Bama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I can live with his use of "Because it's Bama."

But that final paragraph is reality, so let's enjoy this while it last!!!

But don’t take this all for granted.

Dynasties eventually end. At some point, there will be two regular season losses again. There will be a season when the five-star, NFL-caliber recruits don’t all rise up and rock, and there will be a time when The Process isn’t enough to stop some other worthy team from coming through on that one final drive.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Overall, a good article but needs to get some things straight. 7SU could be a dumpster fire waiting to happen and Jalen isn’t a 2-time SEC champion. I also think you can make an argument that both Harrises, Ross, and Ruggs are better offensive players than Jalen.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What I like was everyone was saying we wouldn't dominate once the playoffs started yet here we are:biggrin:
Yes and the playoffs would make sure there was never an SEC vs SEC fiasco like the Bama/LSU championship.:)
And the thing is, if some get their way and the playoff is extended to 6 or 8 or whatever, it'll be that much easier for us to get in or for there to be more SEC vs. SEC NC games.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Even with the manageable slate, there will be one misfire along the way – watch out for the new offenses at Arkansas and Mississippi State to be a bit of an X factor – but there won’t be that second loss needed to screw things up.
lol. Ok, Pete.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
He thinks LSU will win but he's wrong "because its Bama".
Bama will clearly be favored in every regular season game this year, so you have to pick an underdog anyway.

I find previews that actually try to pick a loss instead of just saying 11-1 are more interesting.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The smart bet is that we lose 1 game to somebody. Who I'm not sure??

2008, 2009, and 2016 are the only Undefeated Regular seasons we've had in this 2007 to 2018 run and of course 2009 was ultimately the only team that stayed Undefeated.

So yeah...again odds are we lose to somebody.

I only think there are 4 teams on our schedule who can beat us if things go their way and we play really bad. Texas A&M, Missouri(Shoot-Out game), L7U and or AU.

Only the L7U game is on the road so that's going to be a popular pick.

I think we go 12-0 barring any injury related disasters and considering last year was one of our worst Injury Luck seasons ever.... I don't see us being THAT snakebit again.

I think we beat UGA in the SECCG.... AGAIN...

Then enter the Playoffs the #1 Seed. We will just have to see what happens then.

So far no #1 seed has won the CFP but with Tua I think 15-0 can happen.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
The smart bet is that we lose 1 game to somebody. Who I'm not sure??

2008, 2009, and 2016 are the only Undefeated Regular seasons we've had in this 2007 to 2018 run and of course 2009 was ultimately the only team that stayed Undefeated.

So yeah...again odds are we lose to somebody.

I only think there are 4 teams on our schedule who can beat us if things go their way and we play really bad. Texas A&M, Missouri(Shoot-Out game), L7U and or AU.

Only the L7U game is on the road so that's going to be a popular pick.

I think we go 12-0 barring any injury related disasters and considering last year was one of our worst Injury Luck seasons ever.... I don't see us being THAT snakebit again.

I think we beat UGA in the SECCG.... AGAIN...

Then enter the Playoffs the #1 Seed. We will just have to see what happens then.

So far no #1 seed has won the CFP but with Tua I think 15-0 can happen.
This would be AWESOME!!!

I'm really hoping that 2018 will be what 2016 WOULD have been, IF we had a passing game......

One loss is the SAFE bet for any Saban coached Alabama team - as noted above and in the linked article. (Like ALL CFB teams) We have a penchant for occasionally taking a few games off here and there (OR like last year, being injured to the point we are vulnerable), and when you do that in the SEC-W you WILL tend to get BITTEN now and then.

Thing is - as others have noted before, this COULD be a "Defining" year in the Saban legacy. AND it could be a turning point - We are replacing a TON of starters, but that happens almost Every year. But this time we are also replacing a TON of staff on both sides of the ball, including BOTH Coordinators for the first time in Saban's tenure at Alabama (maybe the first time in his HC Career???)
SO - (IMO) it begs the question:
Are we about to witness the LAST Chapter in the Dynasty, a program beginning the "process" of winding down and gradually losing it's edge?,
OR the beginning of yet another chapter in an amazing Dynasty - the Lupoi - Locksley era?

My hope is the Latter!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This would be AWESOME!!!

I'm really hoping that 2018 will be what 2016 WOULD have been, IF we had a passing game......

One loss is the SAFE bet for any Saban coached Alabama team - as noted above and in the linked article. (Like ALL CFB teams) We have a penchant for occasionally taking a few games off here and there (OR like last year, being injured to the point we are vulnerable), and when you do that in the SEC-W you WILL tend to get BITTEN now and then.

Thing is - as others have noted before, this COULD be a "Defining" year in the Saban legacy. AND it could be a turning point - We are replacing a TON of starters, but that happens almost Every year. But this time we are also replacing a TON of staff on both sides of the ball, including BOTH Coordinators for the first time in Saban's tenure at Alabama (maybe the first time in his HC Career???)
SO - (IMO) it begs the question:
Are we about to witness the LAST Chapter in the Dynasty, a program beginning the "process" of winding down and gradually losing it's edge?,
OR the beginning of yet another chapter in an amazing Dynasty - the Lupoi - Locksley era?

My hope is the Latter
!
I would bet the latter. If we are right about the TF from last year then we are about to have 2 straight years of arguably the most talented offense we have had under Saban. And, its probably not all that close.

This offense has a really good shot at being the best at QB & WR we have had under Saban while having one of the better OLs and RB tandems we have had. The only issue is the D but the worst case for Bama D is what? a top 3 instead of #1?

We're going to be a very hard team to beat over the next 2 years.

Plus we had one down year recruiting but are already putting together a class that could rival the one that should lead us to at least 1 of the next 2 championships.

But I may be buying the hype too much idk.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.