Phil Steele’s forecast

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
For those interested I got my issue a day early.

Semis

Cotton: Bama over Washington
Orange: Clemson over tOSU

CFPNCG at Levi stadium : Bama over Clemson

NY6

Peach: Miami vs Michigan
Rose: Wisconsin vs ND
Sugar: OU vs UGA
Fiesta: Texas vs Boise

Auburn is in Citrus vs PSU

Projected SEC finish

Bama over UGA SECCG

West

Bama
Auburn
MSU
aTm
LSU
Arkansas
miss

East

UGA
UF
USCe
Mizzou
Kentucky
UT
Vandy

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Phil Steele’s focast

There was talk on sports radio in Montgomery last week about this. He has Alabama's WR group ranked #6 in the SEC. That seems about four spots too low.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

There was talk on sports radio in Montgomery last week about this. He has Alabama's WR group ranked #6 in the SEC. That seems about four spots too low.
Ole miss
UGA
Auburn
Mizzou
USCe
Alabama

Top 3 have some serious talent. USCe and Mizzou are the only ones that I have some real issues with. But Drew lock might be why he loves the Mizzou unit.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I like our group better especially the guy that will be chucking the ball to 'em.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I think the media sees our WRs as question marks more than we do.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017

I hope its not Bama and Clemson again. I want to pound someone else this year...

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
The same 4 teams from two years ago? I'd say it's very unlikely that we repeat the exact same semifinal matchups from two years ago. I don't think Washington makes it.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
You fire the mad hatter twice in nine months and replace him with Ogre. In order of progression who would you hire next?
Good question, but I don't believe they think that many moves ahead.

Personally, I wouldn't have fired Miles without having someone else in pocket. I sure wouldn't have fired him in mid-season. That was a huge mistake that just compounded the fiasco ending the previous season.

I think they've painted themselves into a corner, and severely limited their realistic options. But then, realism doesn't seem to enter their thought processes. So who knows?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Good question, but I don't believe they think that many moves ahead.

Personally, I wouldn't have fired Miles without having someone else in pocket. I sure wouldn't have fired him in mid-season. That was a huge mistake that just compounded the fiasco ending the previous season.

I think they've painted themselves into a corner, and severely limited their realistic options. But then, realism doesn't seem to enter their thought processes. So who knows?
I think it’s funny that the 1st time they thought they had Jimbo but now aTm has him

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think Washington loses the opener to Auburn, which means they must win the rest to have a chance. We shall see.
Here are some Phil Steele blog posts that help explain why he likes Washington.

% of yards returning

% of tackles returning

2 deep class breakdown

Can't help but notice a particular SEC school high in all three of those list, too.
I think it’s funny that the 1st time they thought they had Jimbo but now aTm has him
From what I've read and/or heard from various outlets, they did have Jimbo. Then, Joe Alleva completely botched it by letting it go public. That's what happens when you have a horrible AD.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Here are some Phil Steele blog posts that help explain why he likes Washington.

% of yards returning

% of tackles returning

2 deep class breakdown

Can't help but notice a particular SEC school high in all three of those list, too.

From what I've read and/or heard from various outlets, they did have Jimbo. Then, Joe Alleva completely botched it by letting it go public. That's what happens when you have a horrible AD.
Yeah and don’t be surprised if MSU is actually better than last year. I do predict they are going to beat Mullen on his return to StarkVegas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.