2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits) - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 104
  1. #14
    Administrator WMack4Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    11,086

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    I like him a lot
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

    “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

  2. #15
    BamaNation Scout Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11

    Re: *** 2020 QB Caron Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Now that is interesting story to hear regarding Gus's son and Beck. It looks bad for Bradley since he signed with Toledo which my nephew is attending this fall. And yet, Beck is signing with Bama. Wow!
    Well Gus’ son started for 2 years, and yes, Gus’ son just wasn’t that good. Not sure the politics involved in why Carson is transferring from Providence but not surprised. There is zero talent on the team right now. They may be lucky to field a full roster. After building an very expensive and costly new football field. 😂

  3. #16
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    I like him a lot
    The coaches think he will be one of the best Qb's. Ashford for Hoover will be very interesting upcoming year.

  4. #17
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,758

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    So, If My math is correct, Tauila comes next fall, and Beck will show up year after that. So if everything shakes out as planned, Tauila and Beck will compete for the job. This will be interesting battle to watch. I suspect Saban will probably have to bring in a graduate transfer at QB next year.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  5. #18
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vinings, ga., usa
    Posts
    20,172

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    So, If My math is correct, Tauila comes next fall, and Beck will show up year after that. So if everything shakes out as planned, Tauila and Beck will compete for the job. This will be interesting battle to watch. I suspect Saban will probably have to bring in a graduate transfer at QB next year.
    Your math is wrong, you forgot Tyson.
    Architects do it with models.

    Roll Tide Roll

  6. #19
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Your math is wrong, you forgot Tyson.
    Likely signing two next year with Ashford (getting a look this fall) & DJ from cali. Interesting note on all though is they could all go high in MLB draft.

  7. #20
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    TRINITY, AL., USA
    Posts
    944

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Looks like the yearly playoff appearances, NC's, elite OL and WR talent Bama is stockpiling is attracting great QB talent as well.
    There will be some transfers but the "cream always rises to the top" ......and will be ours. RTR

  8. #21
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by HITIDE View Post
    Looks like the yearly playoff appearances, NC's, elite OL and WR talent Bama is stockpiling is attracting great QB talent as well.
    There will be some transfers but the "cream always rises to the top" ......and will be ours. RTR
    Tua is changing the position for us imo

  9. #22
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    543

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Tua is changing the position for us imo
    Don't you still think Saban will be very particular when it comes to his QBs? My thought for so long was that in the past, it wasn't that we couldn't get elite QBs, it's just that Coach knew that we could win with a QB that handed it off plenty, made a few plays a game, and didn't put the D in a bad position with turnovers. I guess with the changes in the game, we have to have a QB that can make all the throws. But he still doesn't want an all-out gunslinger, does he?
    ‘I can’t really say that you’re going to come in here and start. You’ve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays.’ CNS

  10. #23
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    Don't you still think Saban will be very particular when it comes to his QBs? My thought for so long was that in the past, it wasn't that we couldn't get elite QBs, it's just that Coach knew that we could win with a QB that handed it off plenty, made a few plays a game, and didn't put the D in a bad position with turnovers. I guess with the changes in the game, we have to have a QB that can make all the throws. But he still doesn't want an all-out gunslinger, does he?
    All you need to do is look at the second half of the UGA game for your answer. Tua opened up the running game and made the defense not know what was coming.They had to respect the entire field not just the LOS. That combined with the defense we will always implore is just nasty. Don't forget the playmakers we have been getting at a higher rate.
    Last edited by jambama1; July 25th, 2018 at 11:40 AM.

  11. #24
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,702

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    Don't you still think Saban will be very particular when it comes to his QBs? My thought for so long was that in the past, it wasn't that we couldn't get elite QBs, it's just that Coach knew that we could win with a QB that handed it off plenty, made a few plays a game, and didn't put the D in a bad position with turnovers. I guess with the changes in the game, we have to have a QB that can make all the throws. But he still doesn't want an all-out gunslinger, does he?
    We have recruited QB's at a high level for the past 7-8 years but most have not worked out. AJ, Phillip Sims, Copper Bateman, David Cornwell and Blake Barnett all participated in the Elite 11 and were highly rated. Barnett and Tua actually both won the Elite 11.

  12. #25
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,597

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Likely signing two next year with Ashford (getting a look this fall) & DJ from cali. Interesting note on all though is they could all go high in MLB draft.
    What about Harrison Bailey out of Georgia, the kid we offered when he was in 8th grade? It's becoming the norm.
    Last edited by CrimsonEyeshade; July 25th, 2018 at 01:47 PM.

  13. #26
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    What about Harrison Bailey out of Georgia, the kid we offered when he was in 8th grade? It's becoming the norm.
    before Beck &DJ I thought we were right there and he was suppose to make a commitment this summer but thats no longer the case. I think we will be deliberate with who else to come aboard.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

2019 NFL Draft Gear