*** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama *** - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    before Beck &DJ I thought we were right there and he was suppose to make a commitment this summer but thats no longer the case. I think we will be deliberate with who else to come aboard.
    I'm guessing we may take 2 QB's in most classes due to the new transfer attitudes of QB's. This way we will most likely never be real short-handed like it appeared we may be this year. Is this the thought by taking 2 in both the '19 and '20 classes?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    Don't you still think Saban will be very particular when it comes to his QBs? My thought for so long was that in the past, it wasn't that we couldn't get elite QBs, it's just that Coach knew that we could win with a QB that handed it off plenty, made a few plays a game, and didn't put the D in a bad position with turnovers. I guess with the changes in the game, we have to have a QB that can make all the throws. But he still doesn't want an all-out gunslinger, does he?
    I think we can still win like that - i.e. Jake Coker. the added thing he had to what is in bold is ability to get the ball to all areas of the field to at least keep the D honest and have them defend the entire field. Even without an NFL arm, he could make the reads and get the ball where a playmaker could do something with it. Even Blake Sims did that pretty well to most parts of the field.

That said, I think we'd rather have a guy at an elite level than not, and as others said we've recruited and had on campus some of the highest rated QBs in their classes, but for whatever reason, they didn't pan out till Tua.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by gtgilbert View Post
    I think we can still win like that - i.e. Jake Coker. the added thing he had to what is in bold is ability to get the ball to all areas of the field to at least keep the D honest and have them defend the entire field. Even without an NFL arm, he could make the reads and get the ball where a playmaker could do something with it. Even Blake Sims did that pretty well to most parts of the field.

That said, I think we'd rather have a guy at an elite level than not, and as others said we've recruited and had on campus some of the highest rated QBs in their classes, but for whatever reason, they didn't pan out till Tua.
    QBs and OL are the most difficult to evaluate and project because of the intangibles that are involved. Coaching in those areas is a necessity. Enos should be a very valuable man. Pittman (OL) at UGA scares me a bit.