2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits) - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 104
  1. #27
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,919

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    before Beck &DJ I thought we were right there and he was suppose to make a commitment this summer but thats no longer the case. I think we will be deliberate with who else to come aboard.
    I'm guessing we may take 2 QB's in most classes due to the new transfer attitudes of QB's. This way we will most likely never be real short-handed like it appeared we may be this year. Is this the thought by taking 2 in both the '19 and '20 classes?

  2. #28
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,787

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    Don't you still think Saban will be very particular when it comes to his QBs? My thought for so long was that in the past, it wasn't that we couldn't get elite QBs, it's just that Coach knew that we could win with a QB that handed it off plenty, made a few plays a game, and didn't put the D in a bad position with turnovers. I guess with the changes in the game, we have to have a QB that can make all the throws. But he still doesn't want an all-out gunslinger, does he?
    I think we can still win like that - i.e. Jake Coker. the added thing he had to what is in bold is ability to get the ball to all areas of the field to at least keep the D honest and have them defend the entire field. Even without an NFL arm, he could make the reads and get the ball where a playmaker could do something with it. Even Blake Sims did that pretty well to most parts of the field.

    That said, I think we'd rather have a guy at an elite level than not, and as others said we've recruited and had on campus some of the highest rated QBs in their classes, but for whatever reason, they didn't pan out till Tua.

  3. #29
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,384

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by gtgilbert View Post
    I think we can still win like that - i.e. Jake Coker. the added thing he had to what is in bold is ability to get the ball to all areas of the field to at least keep the D honest and have them defend the entire field. Even without an NFL arm, he could make the reads and get the ball where a playmaker could do something with it. Even Blake Sims did that pretty well to most parts of the field.

    That said, I think we'd rather have a guy at an elite level than not, and as others said we've recruited and had on campus some of the highest rated QBs in their classes, but for whatever reason, they didn't pan out till Tua.
    QBs and OL are the most difficult to evaluate and project because of the intangibles that are involved. Coaching in those areas is a necessity. Enos should be a very valuable man. Pittman (OL) at UGA scares me a bit.

  4. #30
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,122

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    threw for 329 yards and five touchdowns in the Mustangs' 37-35 upset of Miami Columbus in the FHSAA 8A state finals on Saturday.

  5. #31
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,546

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    threw for 329 yards and five touchdowns in the Mustangs' 37-35 upset of Miami Columbus in the FHSAA 8A state finals on Saturday.
    Excellent........ sounds like a gunslinger

  6. #32
    BamaNation All-SEC Moro Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Equine country
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    He will be in the mix for lots of playing time. Great prospect.

  7. #33
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,122

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Beck won Mr. Football in Florida

  8. #34
    BamaNation All-SEC Moro Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Equine country
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Beck won Mr. Football in Florida

    He's only going to get better........and bigger.

  9. #35
    FB|BB Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Hope he comes, but this is far from over.

    Jacksonville is about 70 miles from Gainesville -- about the same distance as Tuscaloosa to Trussville.

    There will be plenty of competition in Tuscaloosa, and not so much at UF. Mullen has a great rep as a developer of QBs. Enos is certainly no slouch, but Beck wouldn't have to worry about OC or QB coach turnover, only HC turnover.

    Mullen won't let a little thing like a commitment stop him, and Beck will be under huge pressure from Gator fans to flip. Unless Beck has totally shut down his recruitment (and I've read nothing to indicate that he has), Mullen will fight tooth, nail, and dirty unless and until he (Beck) asks the Florida coaches not to call anymore.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; December 23rd, 2018 at 05:22 PM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

  10. #36
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,122

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Hope he comes, but this is far from over.

    Jacksonville is about 70 miles from Gainesville -- about the same distance as Tuscaloosa to Trussville.

    There will be plenty of competition in Tuscaloosa, and not so much at UF. Mullen has a great rep as a developer of QBs. Enos is certainly no slouch, but Beck wouldn't have to worry about OC or QB coach turnover, only HC turnover.

    Mullen won't let a little thing like a commitment stop him, and Beck will be under huge pressure from Gator fans to flip. Unless Beck has totally shut down his recruitment (and I've read nothing to indicate that he has), Mullen will fight tooth, nail, and dirty unless and until he (Beck) asks the Florida coaches not to call anymore.
    UF wants Dual threats doesn't fit Beck. UF Baseball had him committed but Mullen didn't like him because he doesn't fit his system. Teams are hesitant to offer because bama has him. He is very very solid to bama. The next guy is Robbie from Hoover. (who I hope we take since him or Beck could be high picks in baseball)

  11. #37
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,697

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Hope he comes, but this is far from over.

    Jacksonville is about 70 miles from Gainesville -- about the same distance as Tuscaloosa to Trussville.

    There will be plenty of competition in Tuscaloosa, and not so much at UF. Mullen has a great rep as a developer of QBs. Enos is certainly no slouch, but Beck wouldn't have to worry about OC or QB coach turnover, only HC turnover.

    Mullen won't let a little thing like a commitment stop him, and Beck will be under huge pressure from Gator fans to flip. Unless Beck has totally shut down his recruitment (and I've read nothing to indicate that he has), Mullen will fight tooth, nail, and dirty unless and until he (Beck) asks the Florida coaches not to call anymore.
    this is his latest interview. hopefully he sticks to his commitment.

    https://247sports.com/college/alabam...de--126814504/

  12. #38
    FB|BB Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    UF wants Dual threats doesn't fit Beck. UF Baseball had him committed but Mullen didn't like him because he doesn't fit his system. Teams are hesitant to offer because bama has him. He is very very solid to bama. The next guy is Robbie from Hoover. (who I hope we take since him or Beck could be high picks in baseball)
    I sincerely hope you’re right, jam. I’m just wary of early (a year or more out) commitments from highly ranked out of state kids where their home state has nationally competitive P5 programs of it’s own. It’s hard to get those guys to stick for a solid year.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

  13. #39
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,122

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I sincerely hope you’re right, jam. I’m just wary of early (a year or more out) commitments from highly ranked out of state kids where their home state has nationally competitive P5 programs of it’s own. It’s hard to get those guys to stick for a solid year.
    I get what you mean but Florida is different than Bama, LA, Texas etc. Its more like Atlanta or Nashville

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear