2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

Don't think Saban wont stay after him....................he is a definite need, but there are other QBs that Bama will be after

Wouldn't be surprised if he was told that he wont ever have a chance at the starting job................
EVERYONE has a chance at the starting job... ;)

That's why we get so many 4 and 5-Star players.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Really never saw much the appeal of Carson Beck, he's not a Tua, or a Sunshine.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This kid has potentially to be better than Trevor Lawrence and Tua.... down the road... slightly chance... but he is talented. But There are lot of kids who are real good at HS but never succeed at College:

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

Well we do have a logjam of young talented QB's on the roster, so maybe he figures too much competition here so go elsewhere for a better shot of playing time.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Carson's dad said Bama is still the top choice as of now. The coaching turnover had a lot to do with his decision and they have to get to know the new staff better and they plan a trip to T-town soon. He said Saban and staff have been good with his decision and have handled it professionally. Basically with the new staff we have to re-recruit him to Bama. I don't like de-commits but in this case I can see the thinking behind it. We still have a good chance of signing him once he gets to know our staff better. Time will tell.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Do we really need another QB in this class? With Taulia and Tyson set to duke it out along with Mac there just isn't room for another one. Definitely will be a need in next years class but not surprising that we can't bring in another highly recruited QB based on who we have on the roster..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Do we really need another QB in this class? With Taulia and Tyson set to duke it out along with Mac there just isn't room for another one. Definitely will be a need in next years class but not surprising that we can't bring in another highly recruited QB based on who we have on the roster..
He's a 2020 kid, so we've got to get someone in 2020. Imagine Tua leaves after this year and Mac decided to transfer after the season (not saying he will, solely hypothetical). Left with Taulia, Tyson, and Layne Hatcher.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Beck is a 2020....next year. ;)

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

He is next year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He's a 2020 kid, so we've got to get someone in 2020. Imagine Tua leaves after this year and Mac decided to transfer after the season (not saying he will, solely hypothetical). Left with Taulia, Tyson, and Layne Hatcher.
I think we may sign two in 2020. To add to Tua leaving, you never know when one of the others will want to transfer since he did not start right away. We may see two in every class due to the new mentality of QB's.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

A lot can change between now and the early signing period in December. I will say if I am Beck's dad I would encourage him to look around. With Taulia and Tyson both true freshmen and, not knowing who will be the OC in 2020 would be a sign for him to look elsewhere.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Carson's dad said Bama is still the top choice as of now. The coaching turnover had a lot to do with his decision and they have to get to know the new staff better and they plan a trip to T-town soon. He said Saban and staff have been good with his decision and have handled it professionally. Basically with the new staff we have to re-recruit him to Bama. I don't like de-commits but in this case I can see the thinking behind it. We still have a good chance of signing him once he gets to know our staff better. Time will tell.
Sark is a pretty good recruiter right? Tua loved him at least. Hopefully we can reel him back in. He's probably going to be the one recruit I seriously pay attention to until Early Signing Day gets closer.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Hoping this is a repeat of Fromm and Tagavailoa all over again.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

He is 2020(next year)! Just piling on!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

A lot can change between now and the early signing period in December. I will say if I am Beck's dad I would encourage him to look around. With Taulia and Tyson both true freshmen and, not knowing who will be the OC in 2020 would be a sign for him to look elsewhere.
Personally, I think that this is a dynamic that needs to change. Provided of course that they`re doing the job, IMO we would be well served to somehow realize somewhat longer tenures on the part of our assistants and coordinators. In the same breathe, you can`t deny a person an opportunity to move up and improve their lot in life. I`m not sure how to fix this. Does one start by placing a call to Dabo since he seems to be the acknowledged master of retention?? Just kidding......I guess.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Something to possibly watch for in Becks recruiting between now and next year: If Mac Jones holds off the freshmen and gets the bulk of back up playing time this fall, Beck might see that as an opening for 2020. This is simply "a hunch" on my part. But if Taulia, for arguments sake, looks like he's a solid #2 and overtakes Jones, Beck could read the tea leaves that the road to playing time will be a little more bumpy with Talia looking like the heir apparent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.