2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

Something to possibly watch for in Becks recruiting between now and next year: If Mac Jones holds off the freshmen and gets the bulk of back up playing time this fall, Beck might see that as an opening for 2020. This is simply "a hunch" on my part. But if Taulia, for arguments sake, looks like he's a solid #2 and overtakes Jones, Beck could read the tea leaves that the road to playing time will be a little more bumpy with Talia looking like the heir apparent.
You don't want Beck if he is afraid of competition. Especially at QB, a willingness to wait and compete is essential. You cannot lead if you will not compete.

This is less true at other positions.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

You don't want Beck if he is afraid of competition. Especially at QB, a willingness to wait and compete is essential. You cannot lead if you will not compete.

Unfortunately this is not the mentality of the new wave of high profile QB's. It should be but it's not.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

Agreed. Too many player's today expect everything just to be given to them on a silver platter.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Committed to Georgia. Long way to go until December, but he probably did this to secure a spot just in case... I still think he flips to Florida in December.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

Wow, Beck to Georgia is a stunner! Most people thought this one time Bama commit was a Gator lock.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Pretty surprising for sure. Curious if he got caught up in the moment on a visit or if this is for real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I'm sure Kirbs promised him the starting job, and then showed him a picture of our recruiting board. A month from now he'll be in the transfer portal.

;)[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

And still may be....Long time. Good to see you back. See you when UGA gets your next commit.
Wow, Beck to Georgia is a stunner! Most people thought this one time Bama commit was a Gator lock.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

And still may be....Long time. Good to see you back. See you when UGA gets your next commit.[/B]
Been super busy and haven't had a chance to post! Next week I leave for London to go see Ireland play Wales at Cardiff stadium, as part of Six Nations Tour. I go every year to one of the six locations with guys I use to play rugby with many years ago. It's a really good time.

knowledge

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 6, 2007
Madison

Been super busy and haven't had a chance to post! Next week I leave for London to go see Ireland play Wales at Cardiff stadium, as part of Six Nations Tour. I go every year to one of the six locations with guys I use to play rugby with many years ago. It's a really good time.
Maybe you should link your facebook and we can keep up with your trip. ​Seriously, that's great, but what does this have to do with football or Alabama?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Committed to Georgia. Long way to go until December, but he probably did this to secure a spot just in case... I still think he flips to Florida in December.
Call me spiteful but I hope he does flip to Florida just to stick it to CKS and company lol

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

Maybe you should link your facebook and we can keep up with your trip. ​Seriously, that's great, but what does this have to do with football or Alabama?
It means I won't be posting here next week. I know you're all disappointed! ;-)

I'll give you a summary of my trip when I get back. I went to Gloucester for the 2015 Rugby World Cup and saw USA vs Japan. The fans there were rugby nuts... grown men dressed in Geisha outfits, it was a trip! I hear Cardiff is the Holy Grail of rugby, so I'll be interested to see how it differs from the other places we've been.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

It means I won't be posting here next week. I know you're all disappointed! ;-)

I'll give you a summary of my trip when I get back. I went to Gloucester for the 2015 Rugby World Cup and saw USA vs Japan. The fans there were rugby nuts... grown men dressed in Geisha outfits, it was a trip! I hear Cardiff is the Holy Grail of rugby, so I'll be interested to see how it differs from the other places we've been.
What is the popularity level of rugby? Soccer is obviously king. Where does rugby fit?

Last edited:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

What is the popularity level of rugby. Soccer is obviously king. Where does rugby fit?
That's a great question. Do we have room in this country for yet another sport. I think the answer is, Yes. The United States just won the 7's World Championship this past weekend in Vegas. 7's is getting very popular in the States, but to me it's a cheap imitation of Rugby Union. Many will disagree, but I'm a purest.

Last year a new U.S. Pro Rugby League began in the Spring and was covered by CBS Sports, so that tells me popularity for 15's is on the rise. That said it has a long way to go. One potential contributor would be if the U.S. men's team did better internationally to get people fired up (like the U.S. women's soccer team did for that sport). They won't reach that objective this World Cup, because they have England, France and Argentina in their draw. To really improve U.S. rugby requires a stable pro league with enough TV coverage and promotion to drive awareness. Personally, I think it's a phenomenal sport and I really enjoyed playing it.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

That's a great question. Do we have room in this country for yet another sport. I think the answer is, Yes. The United States just won the 7's World Championship this past weekend in Vegas. 7's is getting very popular in the States, but to me it's a cheap imitation of Rugby Union. Many will disagree, but I'm a purest.

Last year a new U.S. Pro Rugby League began in the Spring and was covered by CBS Sports, so that tells me popularity for 15's is on the rise. That said it has a long way to go. One potential contributor would be if the U.S. men's team did better internationally to get people fired up (like the U.S. women's soccer team did for that sport). They won't reach that objective this World Cup, because they have England, France and Argentina in their draw. To really improve U.S. rugby requires a stable pro league with enough TV coverage and promotion to drive awareness. Personally, I think it's a phenomenal sport and I really enjoyed playing it.
Where rugby is very popular (England, France, New Zealand, etc.), do you know where it falls on the list? Just curious where rugby is in fan support after soccer. It's a sport that I think should be more popular here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.