2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits) - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

Well we do have a logjam of young talented QB's on the roster, so maybe he figures too much competition here so go elsewhere for a better shot of playing time.
    RTR! GO CCU!

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Really never saw much the appeal of Carson Beck, he's not a Tua, or a Sunshine.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Carson's dad said Bama is still the top choice as of now. The coaching turnover had a lot to do with his decision and they have to get to know the new staff better and they plan a trip to T-town soon. He said Saban and staff have been good with his decision and have handled it professionally. Basically with the new staff we have to re-recruit him to Bama. I don't like de-commits but in this case I can see the thinking behind it. We still have a good chance of signing him once he gets to know our staff better. Time will tell.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Do we really need another QB in this class? With Taulia and Tyson set to duke it out along with Mac there just isn't room for another one. Definitely will be a need in next years class but not surprising that we can't bring in another highly recruited QB based on who we have on the roster..

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Do we really need another QB in this class? With Taulia and Tyson set to duke it out along with Mac there just isn't room for another one. Definitely will be a need in next years class but not surprising that we can't bring in another highly recruited QB based on who we have on the roster..
    He's a 2020 kid, so we've got to get someone in 2020. Imagine Tua leaves after this year and Mac decided to transfer after the season (not saying he will, solely hypothetical). Left with Taulia, Tyson, and Layne Hatcher.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

Re: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

Beck is a 2020....next year.

BamaNation All-American

He is next year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He's a 2020 kid, so we've got to get someone in 2020. Imagine Tua leaves after this year and Mac decided to transfer after the season (not saying he will, solely hypothetical). Left with Taulia, Tyson, and Layne Hatcher.
    I think we may sign two in 2020. To add to Tua leaving, you never know when one of the others will want to transfer since he did not start right away. We may see two in every class due to the new mentality of QB's.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

A lot can change between now and the early signing period in December. I will say if I am Beck's dad I would encourage him to look around. With Taulia and Tyson both true freshmen and, not knowing who will be the OC in 2020 would be a sign for him to look elsewhere.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Carson's dad said Bama is still the top choice as of now. The coaching turnover had a lot to do with his decision and they have to get to know the new staff better and they plan a trip to T-town soon. He said Saban and staff have been good with his decision and have handled it professionally. Basically with the new staff we have to re-recruit him to Bama. I don't like de-commits but in this case I can see the thinking behind it. We still have a good chance of signing him once he gets to know our staff better. Time will tell.
    Sark is a pretty good recruiter right? Tua loved him at least. Hopefully we can reel him back in. He's probably going to be the one recruit I seriously pay attention to until Early Signing Day gets closer.

BamaNation First Team

Hoping this is a repeat of Fromm and Tagavailoa all over again.

He is 2020(next year)! Just piling on!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar

Agreed, that we'll take two quarterbacks in 2020
    Last edited by Perrett4Bama; February 8th, 2019 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Quote did not appear