2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits) - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    A lot can change between now and the early signing period in December. I will say if I am Beck's dad I would encourage him to look around. With Taulia and Tyson both true freshmen and, not knowing who will be the OC in 2020 would be a sign for him to look elsewhere.
    Personally, I think that this is a dynamic that needs to change. Provided of course that they`re doing the job, IMO we would be well served to somehow realize somewhat longer tenures on the part of our assistants and coordinators. In the same breathe, you can`t deny a person an opportunity to move up and improve their lot in life. I`m not sure how to fix this. Does one start by placing a call to Dabo since he seems to be the acknowledged master of retention?? Just kidding......I guess.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Something to possibly watch for in Becks recruiting between now and next year: If Mac Jones holds off the freshmen and gets the bulk of back up playing time this fall, Beck might see that as an opening for 2020. This is simply "a hunch" on my part. But if Taulia, for arguments sake, looks like he's a solid #2 and overtakes Jones, Beck could read the tea leaves that the road to playing time will be a little more bumpy with Talia looking like the heir apparent.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Something to possibly watch for in Becks recruiting between now and next year: If Mac Jones holds off the freshmen and gets the bulk of back up playing time this fall, Beck might see that as an opening for 2020. This is simply "a hunch" on my part. But if Taulia, for arguments sake, looks like he's a solid #2 and overtakes Jones, Beck could read the tea leaves that the road to playing time will be a little more bumpy with Talia looking like the heir apparent.
    You don't want Beck if he is afraid of competition. Especially at QB, a willingness to wait and compete is essential. You cannot lead if you will not compete.

This is less true at other positions.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    You don't want Beck if he is afraid of competition. Especially at QB, a willingness to wait and compete is essential. You cannot lead if you will not compete.

Unfortunately this is not the mentality of the new wave of high profile QB's. It should be but it's not.

Agreed. Too many player's today expect everything just to be given to them on a silver platter.
    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post

BamaNation All-American

‘He is a walking offensive coordinator’: Inside the mind of Carson Beck, rising star quarterback recruit

If any of you subscribe to The Athletic give this a read. Sounds like he is going to be Gator bound though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    ‘He is a walking offensive coordinator’: Inside the mind of Carson Beck, rising star quarterback recruit

If any of you subscribe to The Athletic give this a read. Sounds like he is going to be Gator bound though.
    Yep. He has received a bunch of CB's to FLA since he decommitted from us. Probably need to move on to another target.

BamaNation All-SEC

Next man up................

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Committed to Georgia. Long way to go until December, but he probably did this to secure a spot just in case... I still think he flips to Florida in December.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation First Team

Wow, Beck to Georgia is a stunner! Most people thought this one time Bama commit was a Gator lock.

Re: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

Pretty surprising for sure. Curious if he got caught up in the moment on a visit or if this is for real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Re: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

I'm sure Kirbs promised him the starting job, and then showed him a picture of our recruiting board. A month from now he'll be in the transfer portal.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

And still may be....Long time. Good to see you back. See you when UGA gets your next commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Wow, Beck to Georgia is a stunner! Most people thought this one time Bama commit was a Gator lock.