2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits) - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 104
  1. #79
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,709

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    A lot can change between now and the early signing period in December. I will say if I am Beck's dad I would encourage him to look around. With Taulia and Tyson both true freshmen and, not knowing who will be the OC in 2020 would be a sign for him to look elsewhere.
    Personally, I think that this is a dynamic that needs to change. Provided of course that they`re doing the job, IMO we would be well served to somehow realize somewhat longer tenures on the part of our assistants and coordinators. In the same breathe, you can`t deny a person an opportunity to move up and improve their lot in life. I`m not sure how to fix this. Does one start by placing a call to Dabo since he seems to be the acknowledged master of retention?? Just kidding......I guess.

  2. #80
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,688

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Something to possibly watch for in Becks recruiting between now and next year: If Mac Jones holds off the freshmen and gets the bulk of back up playing time this fall, Beck might see that as an opening for 2020. This is simply "a hunch" on my part. But if Taulia, for arguments sake, looks like he's a solid #2 and overtakes Jones, Beck could read the tea leaves that the road to playing time will be a little more bumpy with Talia looking like the heir apparent.

  3. #81
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,453

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Something to possibly watch for in Becks recruiting between now and next year: If Mac Jones holds off the freshmen and gets the bulk of back up playing time this fall, Beck might see that as an opening for 2020. This is simply "a hunch" on my part. But if Taulia, for arguments sake, looks like he's a solid #2 and overtakes Jones, Beck could read the tea leaves that the road to playing time will be a little more bumpy with Talia looking like the heir apparent.
    You don't want Beck if he is afraid of competition. Especially at QB, a willingness to wait and compete is essential. You cannot lead if you will not compete.

    This is less true at other positions.

  4. #82
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,702

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    You don't want Beck if he is afraid of competition. Especially at QB, a willingness to wait and compete is essential. You cannot lead if you will not compete.

    This is less true at other positions.
    Unfortunately this is not the mentality of the new wave of high profile QB's. It should be but it's not.

  5. #83
    BamaNation First Team Toddrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodstock, Ga
    Posts
    630

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Agreed. Too many player's today expect everything just to be given to them on a silver platter.
    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    You don't want Beck if he is afraid of competition. Especially at QB, a willingness to wait and compete is essential. You cannot lead if you will not compete.

    This is less true at other positions.

  6. #84
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,001

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    ‘He is a walking offensive coordinator’: Inside the mind of Carson Beck, rising star quarterback recruit

    If any of you subscribe to The Athletic give this a read. Sounds like he is going to be Gator bound though.

  7. #85
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,702

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    ‘He is a walking offensive coordinator’: Inside the mind of Carson Beck, rising star quarterback recruit

    If any of you subscribe to The Athletic give this a read. Sounds like he is going to be Gator bound though.
    Yep. He has received a bunch of CB's to FLA since he decommitted from us. Probably need to move on to another target.

  8. #86
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Next man up................

  9. #87
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,758

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Committed to Georgia. Long way to go until December, but he probably did this to secure a spot just in case... I still think he flips to Florida in December.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  10. #88
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    300

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    Wow, Beck to Georgia is a stunner! Most people thought this one time Bama commit was a Gator lock.

  11. #89
    Super Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    39,133
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

    Pretty surprising for sure. Curious if he got caught up in the moment on a visit or if this is for real.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  12. #90
    BamaNation All-American edwd58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,605

    Re: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

    I'm sure Kirbs promised him the starting job, and then showed him a picture of our recruiting board. A month from now he'll be in the transfer portal.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

  13. #91
    BamaNation All-SEC The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    1,200

    Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

    And still may be....Long time. Good to see you back. See you when UGA gets your next commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Wow, Beck to Georgia is a stunner! Most people thought this one time Bama commit was a Gator lock.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

2019 NFL Draft Gear