2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

Where rugby is very popular (England, France, New Zealand, etc.), do you know where it falls on the list? Just curious where rugby is in fan support after soccer. It's a sport that I think should be more popular here.
In England, France, Italy and many European country's rugby falls behind Soccer. There are exceptions, for example Ireland rugby is a solid #2 in popularity behind their national sport of Hurling. In Australia I know Australian Rules Football is super popular, so it probably fits in the top 3. Wales would be a tough call, rugby may trump Premier League, but I wouldn't put money on that. I think in New Zealand is the #1 sport, primarily because they're so darn good at it. For example, I was at the match in Chicago a few years ago when Ireland beat NZ for the first time in 112 years!

Rugby is really catching on in Eastern European countries and there's talk about potentially adding Georgia and maybe even Romania to the Six Nations tournament. Surprisingly, Germany doesn't field a top notch international rugby team. Next year, I'm looking at going to the European Cup in Marseilles France. Club rugby is a slightly different animal than International play... a bit more wide open. Leinster is very, very good. The Bama of Club rugby.

pop11011

Scout Team
Jul 6, 2007
Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

In England, France, Italy and many European country's rugby falls behind Soccer. There are exceptions, for example Ireland rugby is a solid #2 in popularity behind their national sport of Hurling. In Australia I know Australian Rules Football is super popular, so it probably fits in the top 3. Wales would be a tough call, rugby may trump Premier League, but I wouldn't put money on that. I think in New Zealand is the #1 sport, primarily because they're so darn good at it. For example, I was at the match in Chicago a few years ago when Ireland beat NZ for the first time in 112 years!

Rugby is really catching on in Eastern European countries and there's talk about potentially adding Georgia and maybe even Romania to the Six Nations tournament. Surprisingly, Germany doesn't field a top notch international rugby team. Next year, I'm looking at going to the European Cup in Marseilles France. Club rugby is a slightly different animal than International play... a bit more wide open. Leinster is very, very good. The Bama of Club rugby.
Should this be moved to the rugby board.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.