2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits) - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    BamaNation All-American

Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

This annoys me. Not gonna lie.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    This annoys me. Not gonna lie.
    “Look at me! Look at me! “

The world of college football recruiting.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    And still may be....Long time. Good to see you back. See you when UGA gets your next commit.[/B]
    Been super busy and haven't had a chance to post! Next week I leave for London to go see Ireland play Wales at Cardiff stadium, as part of Six Nations Tour. I go every year to one of the six locations with guys I use to play rugby with many years ago. It's a really good time.

BamaNation Second Team knowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Been super busy and haven't had a chance to post! Next week I leave for London to go see Ireland play Wales at Cardiff stadium, as part of Six Nations Tour. I go every year to one of the six locations with guys I use to play rugby with many years ago. It's a really good time.
    Maybe you should link your facebook and we can keep up with your trip. ​Seriously, that's great, but what does this have to do with football or Alabama?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Committed to Georgia. Long way to go until December, but he probably did this to secure a spot just in case... I still think he flips to Florida in December.
    Call me spiteful but I hope he does flip to Florida just to stick it to CKS and company lol

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Maybe you should link your facebook and we can keep up with your trip. ​Seriously, that's great, but what does this have to do with football or Alabama?
    It means I won't be posting here next week. I know you're all disappointed! ;-)

I'll give you a summary of my trip when I get back. I went to Gloucester for the 2015 Rugby World Cup and saw USA vs Japan. The fans there were rugby nuts... grown men dressed in Geisha outfits, it was a trip! I hear Cardiff is the Holy Grail of rugby, so I'll be interested to see how it differs from the other places we've been.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

It means I won't be posting here next week. I know you're all disappointed! ;-)

I'll give you a summary of my trip when I get back. I went to Gloucester for the 2015 Rugby World Cup and saw USA vs Japan. The fans there were rugby nuts... grown men dressed in Geisha outfits, it was a trip! I hear Cardiff is the Holy Grail of rugby, so I'll be interested to see how it differs from the other places we've been.
    What is the popularity level of rugby? Soccer is obviously king. Where does rugby fit?
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; March 4th, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What is the popularity level of rugby. Soccer is obviously king. Where does rugby fit?
    That's a great question. Do we have room in this country for yet another sport. I think the answer is, Yes. The United States just won the 7's World Championship this past weekend in Vegas. 7's is getting very popular in the States, but to me it's a cheap imitation of Rugby Union. Many will disagree, but I'm a purest.

Last year a new U.S. Pro Rugby League began in the Spring and was covered by CBS Sports, so that tells me popularity for 15's is on the rise. That said it has a long way to go. One potential contributor would be if the U.S. men's team did better internationally to get people fired up (like the U.S. women's soccer team did for that sport). They won't reach that objective this World Cup, because they have England, France and Argentina in their draw. To really improve U.S. rugby requires a stable pro league with enough TV coverage and promotion to drive awareness. Personally, I think it's a phenomenal sport and I really enjoyed playing it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

That's a great question. Do we have room in this country for yet another sport. I think the answer is, Yes. The United States just won the 7's World Championship this past weekend in Vegas. 7's is getting very popular in the States, but to me it's a cheap imitation of Rugby Union. Many will disagree, but I'm a purest.

Last year a new U.S. Pro Rugby League began in the Spring and was covered by CBS Sports, so that tells me popularity for 15's is on the rise. That said it has a long way to go. One potential contributor would be if the U.S. men's team did better internationally to get people fired up (like the U.S. women's soccer team did for that sport). They won't reach that objective this World Cup, because they have England, France and Argentina in their draw. To really improve U.S. rugby requires a stable pro league with enough TV coverage and promotion to drive awareness. Personally, I think it's a phenomenal sport and I really enjoyed playing it.
    Where rugby is very popular (England, France, New Zealand, etc.), do you know where it falls on the list? Just curious where rugby is in fan support after soccer. It's a sport that I think should be more popular here.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Where rugby is very popular (England, France, New Zealand, etc.), do you know where it falls on the list? Just curious where rugby is in fan support after soccer. It's a sport that I think should be more popular here.
    In England, France, Italy and many European country's rugby falls behind Soccer. There are exceptions, for example Ireland rugby is a solid #2 in popularity behind their national sport of Hurling. In Australia I know Australian Rules Football is super popular, so it probably fits in the top 3. Wales would be a tough call, rugby may trump Premier League, but I wouldn't put money on that. I think in New Zealand is the #1 sport, primarily because they're so darn good at it. For example, I was at the match in Chicago a few years ago when Ireland beat NZ for the first time in 112 years!

Rugby is really catching on in Eastern European countries and there's talk about potentially adding Georgia and maybe even Romania to the Six Nations tournament. Surprisingly, Germany doesn't field a top notch international rugby team. Next year, I'm looking at going to the European Cup in Marseilles France. Club rugby is a slightly different animal than International play... a bit more wide open. Leinster is very, very good. The Bama of Club rugby.

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    “Look at me! Look at me! “

The world of college football recruiting.
    UF baseball commit, Bama football commit, UGA football commit....

doubt it's over, but I think it is for us.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

This is an example of where I think the revolving door on Saban’s staff hurts us.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Second Team

In England, France, Italy and many European country's rugby falls behind Soccer. There are exceptions, for example Ireland rugby is a solid #2 in popularity behind their national sport of Hurling. In Australia I know Australian Rules Football is super popular, so it probably fits in the top 3. Wales would be a tough call, rugby may trump Premier League, but I wouldn't put money on that. I think in New Zealand is the #1 sport, primarily because they're so darn good at it. For example, I was at the match in Chicago a few years ago when Ireland beat NZ for the first time in 112 years!

Rugby is really catching on in Eastern European countries and there's talk about potentially adding Georgia and maybe even Romania to the Six Nations tournament. Surprisingly, Germany doesn't field a top notch international rugby team. Next year, I'm looking at going to the European Cup in Marseilles France. Club rugby is a slightly different animal than International play... a bit more wide open. Leinster is very, very good. The Bama of Club rugby.
    Should this be moved to the rugby board.
    Last edited by pop11011; April 18th, 2019 at 10:53 PM.