2020 Prospect: 2020 QB Carson Beck Updates (Decommits)

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Re: *** 2020 QB Carson Beck Commits to Bama ***

UF wants Dual threats doesn't fit Beck. UF Baseball had him committed but Mullen didn't like him because he doesn't fit his system. Teams are hesitant to offer because bama has him. He is very very solid to bama. The next guy is Robbie from Hoover. (who I hope we take since him or Beck could be high picks in baseball)
Be awesome to get some stud baseball players here.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

another thing about Qb they are typically the ones to commit the earliest to help recruit other guys. They are usually all committed before Sumer of their Senior year.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida

another thing about Qb they are typically the ones to commit the earliest to help recruit other guys. They are usually all committed before Sumer of their Senior year.
Assuming Jalen goes ahead and transfers out, does that open another spot in the 2019 class?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Maybe he will bring a lot of elite talent with him........ he looks like a great QB

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005

Smirked at the arrow pointing out the quarterback in the videos, so hard to find them out there [emoji6]
... and the ball fakes are so much harder to pull off when the QB is being highlighted like that :wink:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Agree with you RTO. This kid is special and been overlooked nationally by services. He's given up Baseball to focus on football. I think we could take two in this class as well. ( I hope we do anyway)
Does anyone know his status after all our staff changes? I imagine he was recruited by guys who aren't here anymore.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Does anyone know his status after all our staff changes? I imagine he was recruited by guys who aren't here anymore.
Read the link on my post above (#46) from a couple of weeks ago. OK for now but need to keep building the relationship.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised, but he decommitted tonight.
Don't think Saban wont stay after him....................he is a definite need, but there are other QBs that Bama will be after

Wouldn't be surprised if he was told that he wont ever have a chance at the starting job................

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Don't think Saban wont stay after him....................he is a definite need, but there are other QBs that Bama will be after

Wouldn't be surprised if he was told that he wont ever have a chance at the starting job................
I seriously doubt that.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

You never want a kid to decommit but, if they are going to get “wobbly” on their decision, now is as good a time as any. It gives CNS and our new staff almost a full year to bring him “back into the fold”.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Guessing it's a combination of Mullen selling himself as the quarterback whisperer, and UF and other schools in his ear about our staff turnover, "Saban's 67 and could leave at any time. Even if he doesn't, you don't know who your OC and QB Coach will be."

Can't say I blame the opposition. If it were reversed, I'm sure we'd do the same thing.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Guessing it's a combination of Mullen selling himself as the quarterback whisperer, and UF and other schools in his ear about our staff turnover, "Saban's 67 and could leave at any time. Even if he doesn't, you don't know who your OC and QB Coach will be."

Can't say I blame the opposition. If it were reversed, I'm sure we'd do the same thing.
Well, what's the average tenure for an OC of late ? Two years tops?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.