Anonymous Poll - "Would You Consider Voting for Trump in 2020"

Would you Consider Voting for Trump in 2020?

• Yes - Definitely

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Yes - Depending on the Circumstances

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • No - I don't plan on voting at all

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • No - Anyone else but Trump

Votes: 25 41.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
No, this is why we can't converse. I asked for justification on two points. He responded with whataboutism ("what about abuses under Obama?") and then ignored my second point and tried to change the narrative from documented presidential self-enrichment to a completely unrelated topic. This is what happens when supporters/defenders of Trump are asked to defend him here, and unfortunately, that's why it's a waste of time to ask.
Actually you ignored the Trump article by saying that Forbes lied.... Obama left worth $20M - how does that happen?

The second one was using "Whataboutism" -- where you failed is that you also used "whataboutism" by asking me if I would have accepted the same behavior in Obama?......

You can ignore "whataboutism" - but it's a valid defense, if you ignored it during one regime but passionately attack it during another. That is the ultimate issue....

You can hate Trump, attack him, etc - I personally could care less. But you offered two different issues about him you hate and I provided two articles to show 1) that he has lost value during his presidency and 2) that he didn't create the program of separating kids - he just continued it.....

that was addressing the second point -- it's been in existence at least since the last half of Obama's Admin.....

You may not have liked the direction - but both were valid refutations of your points.....

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Actually you ignored the Trump article by saying that Forbes lied.... Obama left worth $20M - how does that happen?
I said Forbes had only estimates, and then pointed out that your link was completely irrelevant to this discussion. I notice you still haven't answered the question of whether you support the Trump family personally profiting off his presidency.

The second one was using "Whataboutism" -- where you failed is that you also used "whataboutism" by asking me if I would have accepted the same behavior in Obama?......

You can ignore "whataboutism" - but it's a valid defense, if you ignored it during one regime but passionately attack it during another. That is the ultimate issue....
Dude, you're still misusing the term. LINK

Me asking about the treatment of immigrants under Trump and you responding with, literally, "what about Obama?" is classic whataboutism.

Me asking if you would excuse Trump's corrupt behavior had Obama done the same is not.

Until you're willing to discuss in good faith, there's no point.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I said Forbes had only estimates, and then pointed out that your link was completely irrelevant to this discussion. I notice you still haven't answered the question of whether you support the Trump family personally profiting off his presidency.

Dude, you're still misusing the term. LINK

Me asking about the treatment of immigrants under Trump and you responding with, literally, "what about Obama?" is classic whataboutism.

Me asking if you would excuse Trump's corrupt behavior had Obama done the same is not.

Until you're willing to discuss in good faith, there's no point.
No it's not -- you are just flipping the question..... same basic strategy.....

I personally could care less if he's using the Presidency to profit. Because it's been a common practice for those that go to Washington. I thought I had typed that -- perhaps I didn't. It doesn't bother me, NO.... like it didn't bother me when Obama decided to profit from the Presidency by buying investment properties and making book deals....

Not sure why you care so much......

It's a pendulum swing -- left then right. Corruption is built into the process. Your problem is that you only care about the corruption from one direction.....

which is ultimately the point most of us have been trying to make.

I'm open to you sharing some of your "Obama is Corrupt" posts..... if you can find any.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
But isn't that profiting off of being the President?
Did he take our tax money and slip it into his pockets, like Trump does when forcing federal employees to stay at his properties after hiking the rent?

No? Then it's completely different.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Did he take our tax money and slip it into his pockets, like Trump does when forcing federal employees to stay at his properties after hiking the rent?

No? Then it's completely different.
A General Services Administration (GSA) employee spent more than $900 in taxpayer money to stay at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., according to documents obtained by CNN.

The GSA reimbursed an employee for travel expenses under the agency's policy, CNN reports, demonstrating the first known use of taxpayer dollars moving directly to the Trump Organization.

CNN reports that the use of the Trump International Hotel did not violate any internal GSA rules.

GSA spokeswoman Pam Dixon told CNN that employees are allowed their own discretion in choosing travel and meal arrangements while on business trips.

"GSA has not promulgated any guidance related to the use of properties or services of the Trump Organization properties," the agency told CNN.

Trump placed his business into a trust controlled by his two adult sons upon becoming president last year after concerns over government and foreign officials frequenting the Trump properties. Critics allege Trump's business dealings violate the emoluments clause of the Constitution.

The emoluments clause prohibits the president and federal officials from taking payments from foreign governments: "No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of The Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or Foreign State.”

In December, a federal judge tossed out a lawsuit from Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington alleging that the president had violated the clause by accepting payments from foreign officials at his D.C. hotel.
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...e-used-taxpayer-dollars-for-stay-at-trumps-dc

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
1. Forbes has no idea what he's worth, and neither do we because he lied about releasing his tax returns. More to the point, his estimates of financial worth are entirely irrelevant to the documented misuse of his office for personal gain. You cannot honestly tell me you wouldve supported Obama doing the same thing.

2. Whataboutism is a distraction, not a defense. I don't suddenly support the practice because shades of 2018 also happened under a different presidency.
I do, worthless!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Has there really been 56 voters for this poll? Wow...I didn't realize there were that many who visited this forum.
p
Who woulda thunk Tidefans would have so many sycophants and deplorables?

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Anyone that understands that we’re right in the middle of one of State TV’s biggest brainwashed viewing areas?
So are you saying that most Alabama fans are stupid? Racist? Homophobic? Sexists?

That's at least how it comes across with that post

Is there not a chance that this is more like a "squeaky wheel" situation ?

We equate quantity of sound with quantity of support?

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I can’t see the poll on my phone, which is where I do most of my posting. So I didn’t vote. But I would have voted “No”, unless “Hell no” was an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.