Civility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
He's got dickeydoo disease....
My guess is he thinks packing heat make him look tough. The joke is on him.

Has anybody else looked at the mural behind the fat guy? Skulls and a rainbow, and what is that unicorn doing with the other guy he's got bent over?

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I saw a tweet I thought was relevant to this discussion...in discussing the media's failure to stop with the "both sides" trope...

Posted by somebody named Matthew Chapman:
Actually, I think a much better microcosm of why Trump won is how we learned last week Trump is caging children, and the media's top focus one week later is whether liberals protesting it are being too rude.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hey Bazza,

Watching this thread was sort of like watching a good little kid grow up to become a serial killer.....
I don't know, CC. The bottom line is you can't change the spots on a leopard.

But at least you can discuss how to manage the leopard to mitigate harm to others.

The leopard of course is political discourse.

I still do not understand why someone feels it necessary to attack someone because of what they say - instead of commenting on the subject at hand.

Being angry is not an excuse for poor etiquette.

And poor etiquette is never productive for discussion.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't know, CC. The bottom line is you can't change the spots on a leopard.

But at least you can discuss how to manage the leopard to mitigate harm to others.

The leopard of course is political discourse.

I still do not understand why someone feels it necessary to attack someone because of what they say - instead of commenting on the subject at hand.

Being angry is not an excuse for poor etiquette.

And poor etiquette is never productive for discussion.
yes, how do we manage this leopard

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

But see, while I agree with you, this is just a diversionary tactic. It's just another version "But they do it!"

It would serve Republicans well to unanimously condemn Trump's rhetoric, but pointing out his bad behavior rather than addressing one's own (not saying you specifically) is not an argument.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Exercise your right to vote......get involved in voter registration in your town.......and try participating in discussions formulated to discuss issues....rather than just to attack others with whom your opinion differs.

I'm sure there are more ways - those are just off the top of my head.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Exercise your right to vote......get involved in voter registration in your town.......and try participating in discussions formulated to discuss issues....rather than just to attack others with whom your opinion differs.
In fairness, it's hard to have a discussion about putting toddlers in cages when the other side simultaneously refuses to either defend or condemn the action. Because we've tried that here.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
But see, while I agree with you, this is just a diversionary tactic. It's just another version "But they do it!"

It would serve Republicans well to unanimously condemn Trump's rhetoric, but pointing out his bad behavior rather than addressing one's own (not saying you specifically) is not an argument.
it's not a diversionary tactic. it is telling trump supporters/gop that i do not take them seriously when they talk about the need for civility

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I'm sure there are more ways - those are just off the top of my head.
those things are not mutually exclusive.

how about you stop lecturing people on the need to be "civil"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.