Civility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
it seems that 'haywire' means posting in a way in which you do not approve. which is what all of these calls for civility are about (and this thread about civility popped up at the same time calls for "civility" were popping up all over the right in response to criticism.)

and moving on doesn't seem to apply to continually de-bunked rw/trump nonsense that gets posted time and time again.

at least that's how it comes across.
Sorry for the confusion and no worries, 92.

I actually enjoy reading opposing points of view and feel it makes up the fabric of discussion. If you don't see me participating in a particular thread, it's because doing so isn't a priority with how I want to spend my time here.

I'm still on a journey myself.....trying to grow and learn new things. This forum is important to me for that reason so I care about maintaining a nice cross section of opinions and subject matter.

I posted the 'Civility' thread after our forum moderators brought the subject up. I thought it would be a great subject for a thread, given the recent climate here about civility.

We're very fortunate to have this amazing community. Politics should be the last thing to create any hard feelings between us all. That's about it, I guess....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I do think the snark can go too far on here at times and conversations can deteriorate into "who can out snark who" competitions at times. However, I think this weird idea that snark is something we need to snuff out is wrong. There is nothing wrong with a little snarky humor although I do think it should be less personal than it can be on here at times.
Great point and I agree. A little snark here and there adds a nice flavor...as long as we don't over-season the roast! :)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Hope I don't get yelled at for posting this uplifting video here. Like anyone else, I've had my ups and downs. But I try as hard as I can to stay positive. Keep charging my friends......no one can stop you but yourself.........

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Always thought these were pretty good........hard to live up to, but worth the effort........

Dale Carnegie's 30 Principles To Win Friends & Influence People
1. Don't Criticize, Condemn or Complain
2. Give Honest, Sincere, Appreciation
3. Arouse In The Other Person An Eager Want
4. Become Genuinely Interested In Other People
5. Smile
6. Remember That A Person's Name Is To That Person The Sweetest And Most Important Sound In Any Language
7. Be A Good Listener. Encourage Others To Talk About Themselves
8. Talk In Terms Of The Other Person's Interests
9. Make The Other Person Feel Important - And Do It Sincerely
10. The Only Way To Get The Best Of An Argument Is To Avoid It
11. Show Respect For The Other Person's Opinion. Never Say, "You're Wrong."
12. If You Are Wrong Admit It Quickly And Emphatically
13. Begin In A Friendly Manner
14. Get The Other Person Saying "Yes, Yes"
15. Let The Other Person Do A Great Deal Of The Talking
16. Let The Other Person Feel That The Idea Is His Or Hers
17. Try Honestly To See Things From The Other Person's Point Of View
18. Be Sympathetic With The Other Person's Ideas And Desires
19. Appeal To The Nobler Motives
20. Dramatize Your Ideas
21. Throw Down A Challenge
22. Begin With Praise And Honest Appreciation
23. Call Attention To People's Mistakes Indirectly
24. Talk About Your Own Mistakes Before Criticizing The Other Person
25. Ask Questions Instead Of Giving Direct Orders
26. Let The Other Person Save Face
27. Praise The Slightest Improvement And Praise Every Improvement. Be "Hearty In Your Approbation And Lavish In Your Praise".
28. Give The Other Person A Fine Reputation To Live Up To
29. Use Encouragement. Make The Fault Seem Easy To Correct
30. Make The Other Person Happy About Doing The Thing You Suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.