Alabama Football: Six Crimson Tide Records that can be broken this fall

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As much as I would like to see Damien break the all-time rushing record I don't think he will get enough touches to do it. The yards/carry record is obtainable however.
Henry had 3500+ yards rushing, but over 2200 of those came in 2015, along with 28 TDs. Nothing that Harris will do will touch that. They should close the RB record books at Alabama and just crown Henry the RB king of all time.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
94 yards/game over 15 games is not an unreasonable expectation. If he stays healthy I expect this one will fall.
It is possible but if Damien is getting 10-12 carries/game like he did last year, which with our depth at the position is likely, I don't think he gets there. Hope he does though.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I thought Wilbur Jackson had the highest yards per carry average in Bama history.
I thought the same thing. But during the heyday of the wishbone, we shuttled 6 halfbacks and 2-3 fullbacks in and out. So carries were spread around a lot of folks.

Point being, who even qualifies for the highest per-carry average can be affected by the cut for the minimum number of carries.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I thought the same thing. But during the heyday of the wishbone, we shuttled 6 halfbacks and 2-3 fullbacks in and out. So carries were spread around a lot of folks.

Point being, who even qualifies for the highest per-carry average can be affected by the cut for the minimum number of carries.
Oh well. He has 212 total carries. That's enough for me to count him. Why do I care? I am from Ozark, and Wilbur is our only local to make it to Alabama that I am aware of, so he is my guy. I will ignore the fact that, by the time I knew who he was, he was back in Ozark running a janitorial service. Anyway, the closest we got to anyone else making it, again to my knowledge, was Deion McLeod, who had a scholarship during the Bill Curry days, but sadly drowned in an almost unexplainable accident on his way to a party before he started his freshman year. Deion's story is one where you almost scratch your head and wonder how the heck it could even happen, but it did.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Considering he's barely went over 1000 the last two years, he'd a bigger year production-wise. Significantly more touches or even more explosive plays...

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

Yep. I recall once in 1973 in a game about a minute into the 2nd qtr...the sideline reporter said that Coach Bryant had just sent in his 14th RB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.