The Coming of Taulia - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Re: The Coming of Taulia

Fantastic Article!!! I'm VERY excited about Taulia deciding to join Tua.

I'm going to post Taulia's Junior Highlights below. It's UNCANNY how much he looks like a MIRROR image of Tua!! It's crazy that he was a Lineman at one point.

The Footwork is identical, Same Cobra Strike Quick Release, the same 3/4's but not fully sidearm Throwing motion, the palming of the football on rollout scambles and then flicking the ball out like a laser.

Even the QB runs look the same including switching which side the ball is tucked to be away from defenders. It's INSANE. He looks JUST LIKE TUA......but right handed!!!...LOL

I feel pretty confident that "Tagovailoa" will be our starting QB's last name for the next 5 years at least.

My Crazy Optimistic hypothetical is Tua starts in 2018 and 2019 and then enters the NFL Draft as a projected Top 10 pick if not #1 Overall....

Then Taulia can RS in 2019 but also play in 4 games (under the new rule) getting some experience and then beginning in 2020 become the Starter as a RS Freshman and starts for us for 3 straight years.....maybe 4 before entering the NFL Draft as a 1st rounder as well.

Due to Stellar play coupled with longevity Taulia might surpass Tua's career #'s at Alabama.... maybe AJ's as well.

I'm REALLY high on both of these kids. Anyway check out Taulia below and drink some of this Hawaiian Kool-Aid ....

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    Fantastic Article!!! I'm VERY excited about Taulia deciding to join Tua.

I'm going to post Taulia's Junior Highlights below. It's UNCANNY how much he looks like a MIRROR image of Tua!! It's crazy that he was a Lineman at one point.

The Footwork is identical, Same Cobra Strike Quick Release, the same 3/4's but not fully sidearm Throwing motion, the palming of the football on rollout scambles and then flicking the ball out like a laser.

Even the QB runs look the same including switching which side the ball is tucked to be away from defenders. It's INSANE. He looks JUST LIKE TUA......but right handed!!!...LOL

I feel pretty confident that "Tagovailoa" will be our starting QB's last name for the next 5 years at least.

My Crazy Optimistic hypothetical is Tua starts in 2018 and 2019 and then enters the NFL Draft as a projected Top 10 pick if not #1 Overall....

Then Taulia can RS in 2019 but also play in 4 games (under the new rule) getting some experience and then beginning in 2020 become the Starter as a RS Freshman and starts for us for 3 straight years.....maybe 4 before entering the NFL Draft as a 1st rounder as well.

Due to Stellar play coupled with longevity Taulia might surpass Tua's career #'s at Alabama.... maybe AJ's as well.

I'm REALLY high on both of these kids. Anyway check out Taulia below and drink some of this Hawaiian Kool-Aid ....

Talking about understanding how to "throw a guy open!!!"

Kid's got it and bonus, he can pooch punt too!

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

One of the things I notice about Taulia that is very similar to Tua is his ability to change directions without widening his base and then planting to get that push from the plant foot. They don't do it all the time. But I noticed in several of the clips where Taulia was running out of the pocket (north and south). There would be an on coming defender and Taulia would be at a point in his stride where most players would have to take another step to widen their base to plant. He doesn't. He is able to put his plant foot down exactly where he's at in his stride and immediately "juke" the defender. That is very impressive. Tua does it as well.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; July 2nd, 2018 at 04:50 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    One of the things I notice about Taulia that is very similar to Tua is his ability to change directions without widening his base and then planting to get that push from the plant foot. They don't do it all the time. But I noticed in several of the clips where Taulia was running out of the pocket (north and south). There would be an on coming defender and Taulia would be at a point in his stride where most players would have to take another step to widen their base to plant. He doesn't. He is able to put his plant foot down exactly where he's at in his stride and immediately "juke" the defender. That is very impressive. Tua does it as well.
    Great observation, Buzzard!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Taulia's team was eliminated by Nix's team in the semi-finals, so no MVP or finals victory for Tualia seems likely. Nix played very, very well in the game. Tualia struggled.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Taulia's team was eliminated by Nix's team in the semi-finals, so no MVP or finals victory for Tualia seems likely. Nix played very, very well in the game. Tualia struggled.
    I heard he did struggle at times. I also heard his arm was as good or better than anybody at The Opening. It would have been really tough to repeat what Tua did and I'm sure there was a little added pressure.

Get him on campus with our coaches and S&C group and he'll blossom...There are 120 other schools that would love to have the "problem" of their 2019 QB recruit finishing Top 11 in the country....and our other commit was invited too...Bama problems...RTR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I heard he did struggle at times. I also heard his arm was as good or better than anybody at The Opening. It would have been really tough to repeat what Tua did and I'm sure there was a little added pressure.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

We will still take him...LOL!
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Rattler was the class of the event, but I’m happy with Nix. Almost cheating with Haselwood and Pickens at receiver though.
    Just a barner.

My wife asked me the other day: "Are you even listening to me?"

Which is a really weird way to start a conversation.