The Coming of Taulia

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I watched most of the Thompson-James Clements game on tv last night and Taulia is the real deal. James Clements is typically a pretty good team and Thompson went through them like a knife through hot butter. It wasn't all Taulia, Thompson also had a good RB but with Taulia's passing ability JC could not load the box to stop the run. He spread the ball around, threw long and short, had good awareness in the pocket and was able to move around to avoid pressure most of the time. Sound familiar?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I watched most of the Thompson-James Clements game on tv last night and Taulia is the real deal. James Clements is typically a pretty good team and Thompson went through them like a knife through hot butter. It wasn't all Taulia, Thompson also had a good RB but with Taulia's passing ability JC could not load the box to stop the run. He spread the ball around, threw long and short, had good awareness in the pocket and was able to move around to avoid pressure most of the time. Sound familiar?
Televised locally? If someone finds the video on youtube please link it!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I didn't see the game but I did see the highlights and Taulia threw some very good balls deep and I mean on the money. I wouldn't say James Clemens was "good" though. They went 3-7 last year.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Usually athletes of this caliber have topped out at this stage. Some of lesser fame/ability are still growing -- which is the reason some 1-2 stars become AA's.

That being said, Russell Wilson is not 6' either...and he does pretty well.
....and Drew Brees is "only" 6' even and seems to get by pretty well.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Taulia had a big game last night.

23 of 33 for 254 Yards and 5 TD's in a 47-0 blowout of Foley.

After 2 games his stats are:

49 of 72 for 639 yards 9 TD's and 0INT's

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Taulia had a big game last night.

23 of 33 for 254 Yards and 5 TD's in a 47-0 blowout of Foley.

After 2 games his stats are:

49 of 72 for 639 yards 9 TD's and 0INT's
And pretty sure I saw a tweet that he was pulled pretty early last night.

I think we'll remember Tua and Taulia like Peyton and Eli but the former will have NC associated with them.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
He needs to find a way to cut down on those interceptions. CNS would like to see -5 or something like that. More game manager type stats. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
To those who get channel 68 out of Birmingham, Friday night at 7pm they are showing the Thompson vs. Hoover game. Should be an interesting game as they split 1-1 last year with Hoover knocking Taulia out of the playoffs after losing to Thompson in the regular season.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
I didn't see the game but I did see the highlights and Taulia threw some very good balls deep and I mean on the money. I wouldn't say James Clemens was "good" though. They went 3-7 last year.
Yeah, I live in Madison and my daughter is in the band at James Clemens... they've not had a great season in about 2 years (when they went deep in the playoffs). They play Bob Jones this Friday and I'm thinking they won't win that one either as they've NEVER beaten them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.