The Coming of Taulia - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: The Coming of Taulia

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Not sure if this is free or not.

I saw this on al.com and it appears it is on WABM 68 like 230kv said.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/...friday_ni.html

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

How did he do last night?

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    4 TD’s and over 400 yards but he doesn’t play defense; they couldn’t stop Hoover U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

FB|BB Moderator

Hoover won pretty big, but Tua had a valiant effort for Thompson in a losing cause.

Threw 4 TDs. Had several passes dropped. Hoover also made some good strips on passes that were thrown perfectly. WRs could / should have held on, but Hoover played good D.

Thompson's D just couldn't stop Hoover's QB, Robby Ashford. Ashford is a junior, and looked really, really good. He's currently rated 4*, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a fifth by his senior year. He also has a superior supporting cast. There's a reason the Birmingham area refers to HHS as Hoover University.

Bad news is that it's widely believed that he's a heavy Auburn lean. I think there's a family connection there somewhere.

Other good news unrelated to Taulia -- Hoover's PK is Will Reichard, an Alabama commit. He nailed a 45 yarder, right down the pipe, with plenty of distance to spare. Don't know if high school PKs still use a tee or not. If there is one, it's a lot shorter than it used to be. I didn't see them all, but announcers said he put all of his KOs in the end zone, most of them deep, and one or two completely out on the fly -- and there were a lot of them, what with Thompson's defensive difficulties.

Thompson beat Hoover last year in the regular season, on a 99-yard drive, scoring on the last play. But then lost to them in the playoffs, in a convincing beat-down. Hoover is to Alabama high school football what Alabama is to college. They don't lose much, and they almost never lose twice in a row to the same team.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; September 8th, 2018 at 09:06 AM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Ashford is good but I'd take Taulia over him any day of the week. He and his brother are going to light it up in Tuscaloosa for at least the next five years and it is going to be fun to watch.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Hoover won pretty big, but Tua had a valiant effort for Thompson in a losing cause.

Threw 4 TDs. Had several passes dropped. Hoover also made some good strips on passes that were thrown perfectly. WRs could / should have held on, but Hoover played good D.

Thompson's D just couldn't stop Hoover's QB, Robby Ashford. Ashford is a junior, and looked really, really good. He's currently rated 4*, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a fifth by his senior year. He also has a superior supporting cast. There's a reason the Birmingham area refers to HHS as Hoover University.

Bad news is that it's widely believed that he's a heavy Auburn lean. I think there's a family connection there somewhere.

Other good news unrelated to Taulia -- Hoover's PK is Will Reichard, an Alabama commit. He nailed a 45 yarder, right down the pipe, with plenty of distance to spare. Don't know if high school PKs still use a tee or not. If there is one, it's a lot shorter than it used to be. I didn't see them all, but announcers said he put all of his KOs in the end zone, most of them deep, and one or two completely out on the fly -- and there were a lot of them, what with Thompson's defensive difficulties.

Thompson beat Hoover last year in the regular season, on a 99-yard drive, scoring on the last play. But then lost to them in the playoffs, in a convincing beat-down. Hoover is to Alabama high school football what Alabama is to college. They don't lose much, and they almost never lose twice in a row to the same team.
    Two things:

1. Ashford is supposed to have deep Bama roots. Had a family member play for Bama recently (defensive player IIRC). I understand he's grown up a BAMA fan; not the other way around.

2. HS kickers don't use tees on fgs.

FWIW, I think the Barn would love Ashford for the offensive system. But, I hope he doesn't go there because I think he could do some damage in that system.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    He looked very good. He's almost just as accurate as Tua. If he had some help they win that game. To top it off it was 7-0 Hoover before he even touched the ball. Kid returning the punt made a boneheaded play trying to catch a punt with his back turned to the play on like his own 1-2 yard line. Of course he muffs it and Hoover recovers it.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    4 TD’s and over 400 yards but he doesn’t play defense; they couldn’t stop Hoover U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep they couldn't do much except for the 3rd quarter when they almost caught Hoover.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Ashford is a junior, and looked really, really good. He's currently rated 4*, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a fifth by his senior year. He also has a superior supporting cast. There's a reason the Birmingham area refers to HHS as Hoover University.
    I don't think he's ready for a 5th star yet, but I agree it could happen before his Senior season is over. I just don't think we get him with Taulia and Tyson already on board and I wouldn't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case
    Don't know if high school PKs still use a tee or not.
    They still have the option to use the tee. Most of the kickers that are recruited these days won't use one so coaches have some decent film on them.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Ashford is good but I'd take Taulia over him any day of the week. He and his brother are going to light it up in Tuscaloosa for at least the next five years and it is going to be fun to watch.
    Yea Taulia is just too good like his brother (I think Tua is better) to pass up. I just truly think Ashford goes elsewhere even if his heart is here.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

FWIW, I think the Barn would love Ashford for the offensive system. But, I hope he doesn't go there because I think he could do some damage in that system.
    They still have the option to use a tee in high school or at least they do in Alabama. It's just most top place kickers don't use them as it helps them in recruiting and game film.

As for Ashford I agree. They have to be foaming at the mouth over him because he is built for that system. I wouldn't want him there, that's for sure.
    Last edited by 230kv_barehand; September 10th, 2018 at 08:12 AM.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples! Denzel Devall

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Taulia went OFF last night going 31 for 42 for 507 yards and 4TD's!!!!

His stats after 3 games are now:

80 of 114 (70%) for 1,146 yards and 13 TD's.

FB|BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Two things:

1. Ashford is supposed to have deep Bama roots. Had a family member play for Bama recently (defensive player IIRC). I understand he's grown up a BAMA fan; not the other way around.

Thanks for the correction. Since the post, I've heard similar sentiments elsewhere. Glad I'm wrong on this one.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Ya'll.... Wanna hear something funny? LSU Board are saying they are making big push for Tauila to flip to LSU from Alabama....
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Ya'll.... Wanna hear something funny? LSU Board are saying they are making big push for Tauila to flip to LSU from Alabama....
    I am sure that they are making a push, and wasting their efforts. That family is tight. But every coach with a brain has to be trying to land Tualia right now.