The Coming of Taulia

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Everyone is asking the wrong question. Do any of you think Taulia will split the family into different states ?
Meh - the family will be split in two states in a year anyway when Tua goes to the NFL. Taulia's family is going to support him no matter where he goes. That family is solid.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Taulia is ours so please no more worries. He has been saying since Tua committed to us back in Hawaii that he wants to play for Bama and Saban also.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Taulia is ours so please no more worries. He has been saying since Tua committed to us back in Hawaii that he wants to play for Bama and Saban also.
A non story. Having the chance to play with his brother for a year, with the success TUas had at Bama, and then compete for his chance to follow him. I don't see anything changing where he would go to LSU or uT. Theres something to be said for being in our shoes as far as Taulia's recruitment goes....we're definitely sitting in the drivers seat.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I don't think Taulia would want to play for someone who has absolutely no chance to pronounce his name correctly.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Georgia offered him a scholarship: https://247sports.com/college/georg...other-of-Alabama-QB-Tua-Tagovailoa-123745482/

Why so late though? This doesn't make sense with who they have on the team: Fromm and Field.
What if they aren’t sure Fromm or Fields is the answer. I was wondering the whole game against LSU why they didn’t go with Fields. What if he’s not picking up the passing game like Hurts struggled with, and they didn’t feel they could go to him and have a credible passing game. I’m also certain Fromm isn’t a game changing QB. He’s an above average game manager. It is an odd decision, but if the guys they have don’t seem to be the game changer they need why not go after someone else. Also it would be good if you could take that guy from the best program in all of college football.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Maybe Smart is trying to pull another Riley Ridley situation. Make Taulia believe playing in his brother's shadow is not the way to go. "Come make a name for yourself" kind of thing. Come be the giant slayer instead of joining the giant.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
UGA trying to out-Boog the Boogs and become "little brother" ??? LOL!!! RTR!!!
Maybe Smart is trying to pull another Riley Ridley situation. Make Taulia believe playing in his brother's shadow is not the way to go. "Come make a name for yourself" kind of thing. Come be the giant slayer instead of joining the giant.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't understand why every power 5 team in the country hasn't offered him.

Shoot, if he's half as good as his brother, he'd be an upgrade to what most programs have.

But I think Kirby is taking the angle of "blaze your own trail" and we'll give you the best shot to be the place that upstages Bama. Can't blame him for trying.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Nah. He wont.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I don’t think so either...... Kirby, while he might be thinking he will lose one of his QBs to a transfer, is also trying to steal some thunder from Bama........Whatever he is told by UGA, I am sure Bama is also in constant communication with him as well and addressing his concerns....... I think he follows his brother, cause he also has a chance to win the job after Tua........can the same be said at UGA?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I don’t think so either...... Kirby, while he might be thinking he will lose one of his QBs to a transfer, is also trying to steal some thunder from Bama........Whatever he is told by UGA, I am sure Bama is also in constant communication with him as well and addressing his concerns....... I think he follows his brother, cause he also has a chance to win the job after Tua........can the same be said at UGA?
Can/will Taulia be an early enrollee and sign in December, or do we BAMA fans have to wait longer? I assume Jalen will not stay another year, but if he does, I wonder if Taulia will change his mind?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`d be stunned if that`s not his approach. That`s what I`d do. Will it work? I dunno.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Can/will Taulia be an early enrollee and sign in December, or do we BAMA fans have to wait longer? I assume Jalen will not stay another year, but if he does, I wonder if Taulia will change his mind?
Possibly but I don’t think he does....... and he is a competitor, so who is to
say he wouldn’t win the job? I think Taulia is an EE, so we will know soon...... I think he and Tyson both stick

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Let me clear this up for all of you: Correct me if I'm wrong:

- Ridley was told by his brother to look at Georgia:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/calvin-ridley-riley-brother-georgia/
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/alabama-wr-calvin-ridley-explains-hes-big-georgia-football-fan

If anything, I think he wanted his brother to be surrounded by a good QB... and Given his issue with Jalen Hurts... that may have played a role in this.

Tua and his brother:
Others have said that Tauila isn't going where. The family is serious about keeping the brothers together, and Tauila likes the idea of taking over the offense once his brother leaves for NFL. With the incoming QBs for next year in Tyson, Tauila and Mac Jones, the competition will be interesting.

On Georgia:

They literally have no shot at Tauila given It's close to signing day. Tauila is set to enroll in December and participating (practice only) with the team for playoff barring any last minute changes.

What's interesting is that Georgia has 5 QBs on the roster with another QB coming in for next year: John Plumbee. That makes it 6. Only reason they would offer Tauila a scholarship is if Plumbee is looking elsewhere or Fromm is likely to transfer, but even then... Competition between Fields and Tauila doesn't make sense.

In the end, Tauila most likely will stick with Alabama.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Let me clear this up for all of you: Correct me if I'm wrong:

- Ridley was told by his brother to look at Georgia:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/calvin-ridley-riley-brother-georgia/
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/alabama-wr-calvin-ridley-explains-hes-big-georgia-football-fan

If anything, I think he wanted his brother to be surrounded by a good QB... and Given his issue with Jalen Hurts... that may have played a role in this.

Tua and his brother:
Others have said that Tauila isn't going where. The family is serious about keeping the brothers together, and Tauila likes the idea of taking over the offense once his brother leaves for NFL. With the incoming QBs for next year in Tyson, Tauila and Mac Jones, the competition will be interesting.

On Georgia:

They literally have no shot at Tauila given It's close to signing day. Tauila is set to enroll in December and participating (practice only) with the team for playoff barring any last minute changes.

What's interesting is that Georgia has 5 QBs on the roster with another QB coming in for next year: John Plumbee. That makes it 6. Only reason they would offer Tauila a scholarship is if Plumbee is looking elsewhere or Fromm is likely to transfer, but even then... Competition between Fields and Tauila doesn't make sense.

In the end, Tauila most likely will stick with Alabama.
It's funny................some of the corn dogs state they talked to him last night and he was impressed with the love that Ogre showed him.............they now give themselves a 35% chance of landing him

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It's funny................some of the corn dogs state they talked to him last night and he was impressed with the love that Ogre showed him.............they now give themselves a 35% chance of landing him
Whatever makes him feel better

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.