The Coming of Taulia

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Whatever effort they are expending to recruit a QB would be better spent elsewhere. They certainly need one in this class.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I hope Taulia is secretly making them waste time recruiting him and causing them to miss out elsewhere.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
He may be enamored with the attention -- what 17 year old would not? But, after the game result I think reality may have come to the fore...why go start in a chaotic situation like that? For the record, I cannot understand the infatuation with Emsminger...(sp) I've never seen his teams light up anything consistently...

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
“Act like you’ve been there before.”
”You shop; we shop.”
i have no problem with Coach O taking a long shot here...that’s his job.
i have no problem with the young man taking other visits, to reassure himself that Alabama is the right decision for him.
However...he says he is “committed” to Bama. If he means what he says, then strutting around Tiger Stadium, all decked out in purple and gold, is just not a good look.
Just my opinion.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is my take on this: The whole thing of Ed showing up at Tauila game probably ....ed off Saban not because of Tauila, but how he spoke with Tua on the sideline. Then you have that situation where Tauila walking with Ed on the field... out of 45 commits they had, Tauila was only one on the field with Ed. No doubt Ed was doing all he can to .... the coaches off and I think it was more of a Ego thing between the coaches. The thing is... Tauila knows he need to sit a year and get some experience and weight up and best place to do that is at Alabama. At LSU, QB situation is somewhat murky next year and I'm not sure He would do well at LSU... but then again who knows?

In the end, I think he sticks with Alabama.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
”You shop; we shop.”
i have no problem with the young man taking other visits, to reassure himself that Alabama is the right decision for him.
However...he says he is “committed” to Bama. If he means what he says, then strutting around Tiger Stadium, all decked out in purple and gold, is just not a good look.
Just my opinion.
I seriously don't think that part is an issue with Saban. Tua did the same thing... went on official visits. Notice how Tauila official visit lined up with Tua's game? Tennessee and LSU. I wouldn't be shocked to see Tauila taking official visit to Auburn game.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
This is my take on this: The whole thing of Ed showing up at Tauila game probably ....ed off Saban not because of Tauila, but how he spoke with Tua on the sideline. Then you have that situation where Tauila walking with Ed on the field... out of 45 commits they had, Tauila was only one on the field with Ed. No doubt Ed was doing all he can to .... the coaches off and I think it was more of a Ego thing between the coaches. The thing is... Tauila knows he need to sit a year and get some experience and weight up and best place to do that is at Alabama. At LSU, QB situation is somewhat murky next year and I'm not sure He would do well at LSU... but then again who knows?
Even if his parents like the LSU campus it is difficult to imagine a top QB going into that murky situation particularly with an offer in hand from Nick Saban. BTW already having a brother leading in the Heisman Trophy race at Alabama. Stranger things have happened but they don't always prove out to be the best decision.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
”You shop; we shop.”
Just my opinion.
Tua's family has done nothing but exude class from the moment they appeared on our radar. Do you think he would've shown up and disrespected his host?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I hope.

If he's committed to Bama and really intends to go to Bama, he needs to help Bama recruit some 5 stars out of Louisiana. Are there any wr's with 4.1 40 speed that can stop on a dime and do a 180 degree or a 90 degree or anything between those numbers. Also they need hands where the ball sticks like glue.

Has Coach O. promised him that he will play/START as a FRESHMAN? Has Coach O. promised that Boosters will PAY him BIG bucks to go to LSU and give his parents a multimillion dollar home in Red Stick?

How would the family deal with going to Bama and LSU games to see both sons? The only time they could all be together is at an LSU vs Bama game. Can the family UNDERSTAND anything that Coach O says?

I hope Taulia sticks to his COMMITMENT so the FAMILY can ALL be together.
Oh, that didn't sit well with me either regarding him talking to Tua a week before our game with them. Coach Saban, please steal Coach O's best recruits, if there any that will help win NCs in the future.

Taulia, do you want to be part of Alabama's 9 consecutive wins or LSU's 9 CONSECUTIVE losses?

We will know Taulia's answer in less than 2 months.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We will know Taulia's answer in less than 2 months.
We already know his answer and he will sign with Bama next month. Not sure what some of y'all are worried about or saying. Most kids that are committed take other OV's for the experience. I guess CBS showing him on national TV with Ogre got some of y'all worked up but no reason to be.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.