The Coming of Taulia

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
The AJC apparently is shutting down SEC Country. Chris Kirschner has done a terrific job covering UA football.

If this is his last big piece, it’s a good one.

Enjoy.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
The AJC apparently is shutting down SEC Country. Chris Kirschner has done a terrific job covering UA football.

If this is his last big piece, it’s a good one.

Enjoy.
I saw that Roll Tide Daily had its' last show yesterday. Difficult to monetize these programs and find an audience in the time frames they are on live.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Most newspaper cuts come down to the same thing. Money. The stories either aren’t driving expected readership or ad sales, and the reporters and editors involved have to get paid. Until they don’t.

It could also have resulted from falling revenue in some other sector of the chain.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Most newspaper cuts come down to the same thing. Money. The stories either aren’t driving expected readership or ad sales, and the reporters and editors involved have to get paid. Until they don’t.

It could also have resulted from falling revenue in some other sector of the chain.
Its the internet that has put a lot of newspapers out of business..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I heard an interview on Finebaum and it was all money. They are trying to figure out the right model for marketing a web based outlet that can make money. Someone will figure it out and will change a lot of things.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Fantastic Article!!! I'm VERY excited about Taulia deciding to join Tua.

I'm going to post Taulia's Junior Highlights below. It's UNCANNY how much he looks like a MIRROR image of Tua!! It's crazy that he was a Lineman at one point.

The Footwork is identical, Same Cobra Strike Quick Release, the same 3/4's but not fully sidearm Throwing motion, the palming of the football on rollout scambles and then flicking the ball out like a laser.

Even the QB runs look the same including switching which side the ball is tucked to be away from defenders. It's INSANE. He looks JUST LIKE TUA......but right handed!!!...LOL

I feel pretty confident that "Tagovailoa" will be our starting QB's last name for the next 5 years at least.

My Crazy Optimistic hypothetical is Tua starts in 2018 and 2019 and then enters the NFL Draft as a projected Top 10 pick if not #1 Overall....

Then Taulia can RS in 2019 but also play in 4 games (under the new rule) getting some experience and then beginning in 2020 become the Starter as a RS Freshman and starts for us for 3 straight years.....maybe 4 before entering the NFL Draft as a 1st rounder as well.

Due to Stellar play coupled with longevity Taulia might surpass Tua's career #'s at Alabama.... maybe AJ's as well.

I'm REALLY high on both of these kids. Anyway check out Taulia below and drink some of this Hawaiian Kool-Aid :D....

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Fantastic Article!!! I'm VERY excited about Taulia deciding to join Tua.

I'm going to post Taulia's Junior Highlights below. It's UNCANNY how much he looks like a MIRROR image of Tua!! It's crazy that he was a Lineman at one point.

The Footwork is identical, Same Cobra Strike Quick Release, the same 3/4's but not fully sidearm Throwing motion, the palming of the football on rollout scambles and then flicking the ball out like a laser.

Even the QB runs look the same including switching which side the ball is tucked to be away from defenders. It's INSANE. He looks JUST LIKE TUA......but right handed!!!...LOL

I feel pretty confident that "Tagovailoa" will be our starting QB's last name for the next 5 years at least.

My Crazy Optimistic hypothetical is Tua starts in 2018 and 2019 and then enters the NFL Draft as a projected Top 10 pick if not #1 Overall....

Then Taulia can RS in 2019 but also play in 4 games (under the new rule) getting some experience and then beginning in 2020 become the Starter as a RS Freshman and starts for us for 3 straight years.....maybe 4 before entering the NFL Draft as a 1st rounder as well.

Due to Stellar play coupled with longevity Taulia might surpass Tua's career #'s at Alabama.... maybe AJ's as well.

I'm REALLY high on both of these kids. Anyway check out Taulia below and drink some of this Hawaiian Kool-Aid :D....

Talking about understanding how to "throw a guy open!!!"

Kid's got it and bonus, he can pooch punt too!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
One of the things I notice about Taulia that is very similar to Tua is his ability to change directions without widening his base and then planting to get that push from the plant foot. They don't do it all the time. But I noticed in several of the clips where Taulia was running out of the pocket (north and south). There would be an on coming defender and Taulia would be at a point in his stride where most players would have to take another step to widen their base to plant. He doesn't. He is able to put his plant foot down exactly where he's at in his stride and immediately "juke" the defender. That is very impressive. Tua does it as well.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
One of the things I notice about Taulia that is very similar to Tua is his ability to change directions without widening his base and then planting to get that push from the plant foot. They don't do it all the time. But I noticed in several of the clips where Taulia was running out of the pocket (north and south). There would be an on coming defender and Taulia would be at a point in his stride where most players would have to take another step to widen their base to plant. He doesn't. He is able to put his plant foot down exactly where he's at in his stride and immediately "juke" the defender. That is very impressive. Tua does it as well.
Great observation, Buzzard!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Taulia's team was eliminated by Nix's team in the semi-finals, so no MVP or finals victory for Tualia seems likely. Nix played very, very well in the game. Tualia struggled.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Taulia's team was eliminated by Nix's team in the semi-finals, so no MVP or finals victory for Tualia seems likely. Nix played very, very well in the game. Tualia struggled.
I heard he did struggle at times. I also heard his arm was as good or better than anybody at The Opening. It would have been really tough to repeat what Tua did and I'm sure there was a little added pressure.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Get him on campus with our coaches and S&C group and he'll blossom...There are 120 other schools that would love to have the "problem" of their 2019 QB recruit finishing Top 11 in the country....and our other commit was invited too...Bama problems...RTR!!!
I heard he did struggle at times. I also heard his arm was as good or better than anybody at The Opening. It would have been really tough to repeat what Tua did and I'm sure there was a little added pressure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.