What obscure movie would you want to see remade?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Far from obscure but we re-watched "Unforgiven" tonight. I'd forgotten how good it was...
I saw it when I was a good bit younger and found it slow & boring at the time (I was 11). Rewatched it not long ago and really enjoyed it. Stupid young Matt.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Groundhog Day, staring Nick Saban and the 2012 Crimson Tide. Everyday would be the same - Notre Dame is pounded into oblivion. Rinse, repeat, and start over. What a fantastic sequel.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
And the game is played over and over again until AJ and Barrett finally agree on the O line blocking call in the 4th quarter.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Far from obscure but we re-watched "Unforgiven" tonight. I'd forgotten how good it was...
Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a! You just shot an unarmed man!

William Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Cannonball Run would be a fun remake.....

Sandler replacing Reynolds
Kevin James replacing Dom Deluise
Kevin Hart replacing Sammy Davis Jr
Eminem replacing Dean Martin
Jackie Chan replacing Jackie Chan
Brett Favre and Blake Shelton replacing Bradshaw and Tillis
Rob Schneider replacing Jamie Farr
Jim Carrey replacing Jack Elam (the Doctor)
Kim Kardashian replacing Farrah (lol)

you can go on and on.....

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Cannonball Run would be a fun remake.....

Sandler replacing Reynolds
Kevin James replacing Dom Deluise
Kevin Hart replacing Sammy Davis Jr
Eminem replacing Dean Martin
Jackie Chan replacing Jackie Chan
Brett Favre and Blake Shelton replacing Bradshaw and Tillis
Rob Schneider replacing Jamie Farr
Jim Carrey replacing Jack Elam (the Doctor)
Kim Kardashian replacing Farrah (lol)

you can go on and on.....
Sandler needs to stop making movies forever.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That would be cool! But who would replace Kurt Russell?
I remember when they were serious about moving forward with a remake they had casted Gerard Butler but Kurt went ballistic through many sources and Gerard dropped out. Then they had Jeremy Renner ( Hawkeye from Avengers) and he dropped out because the Avengers started to conflict with his schedule.

I think my pick would be either Nicholi Coster Waldu ( Jamie Lannister from GOT), Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke, or Hugh Jackman. None of those are Americans but all can be charismatic while also being intimidating like Kurt.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Footloose - but as a prequel to Tremors where Rev Moore bans dancing to avoid attracting the graboids.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I despise remakes.

I can't think of any that are better than the original.

Maybe because you state "obscure" there are some legitimate choices (?)
I can think of a number of movies that should have been good but were so badly done that a remake could only be better.

Case in point: Starship Troopers - this time making it loyally to the Heinlein novel, not the Dr. Suess version.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I can think of a number of movies that should have been good but were so badly done that a remake could only be better.

Case in point: Starship Troopers - this time making it loyally to the Heinlein novel, not the Dr. Suess version.
Yes there are a number of movies that have a book origin that pretty much changed so much from the book that it should not even have the same name. One I can think of right away is The Lawnmower Man. It is so vastly different that King actually sued and won to have his name completely removed from the movie.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
“The Last Grenade.” There’s your obscure. Not much love out there for it (5.4 out of 10) on IMDB, but I thought it was solid start to finish.

note - “Unforgiven” was mentioned above. I have noticed some of Clint Eastwood’s music from that movie has been used in TV’s “Yellowstone” recently.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.