2019 5* DE Kavon Thibodeaux

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Currently for Thib it is between BAMA/FSU with us leading. Tosh is huge and will be in this race. leading now and signing in December are two different things. For Hill Everything I've gathered has him in our class but there is pressure to stay instate but he loves Saban. Saban record with NFL prospects imo is the reason we get him. I'd feel better if he commits sooner rather than later which he say he's going to do.
Little surprised if he`s really under pressure. I can understand a kid waiting if he thinks things might get unpleasant, particularly for his family.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Wonder how he liked his visit to FSU ?
Well, the non-game part would need to have gone better than great, IMO, because the game sure stunk for FSU. So, what`s Taggert`s main selling point? " You need to come here and help us because we absolutely suck on D. " ? Let`s see. Let`s compare that to what Alabama has to offer........

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It all comes down to whether this young man wants to take the easy route and play in the Pac-12 where defense is not mandatory or whether he wants to improve his skills, has an opportunity to play as a freshman, play in the SEC where defense is worn like a badge of honor, and go on to the next level. We all know CNS' record with getting elite DE's taken in the first round. It's a matter of choice and accepting the challenge of becoming the best of the best.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It all comes down to whether this young man wants to take the easy route and play in the Pac-12 where defense is not mandatory or whether he wants to improve his skills, has an opportunity to play as a freshman, play in the SEC where defense is worn like a badge of honor, and go on to the next level. We all know CNS' record with getting elite DE's taken in the first round. It's a matter of choice and accepting the challenge of becoming the best of the best.
I think you hit it toward the end....does he want a fun college career, or a lucrative professional one?

If the latter, Tuscaloosa’s the choice. If the former, well, I hope he’s a good student.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think you hit it toward the end....does he want a fun college career, or a lucrative professional one?

If the latter, Tuscaloosa’s the choice. If the former, well, I hope he’s a good student.
The fun is in the winning. Choosing UA will give him both. That is why we see so many former players coming back to the Capstone to be a part of the program.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I can't read it RTR91. I am assuming this is the tweet about his grandfather being from Bham and a big Bama fan. I did not know about this connection but has to work in our favor outside of the obvious.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I can't read it RTR91. I am assuming this is the tweet about his grandfather being from Bham and a big Bama fan. I did not know about this connection but has to work in our favor outside of the obvious.
Correct. This is the first time I've read or heard about it. Everything else has been about his family in Florida being a reason for him liking FSU.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Correct. This is the first time I've read or heard about it. Everything else has been about his family in Florida being a reason for him liking FSU.
FSU is selling something (some people will get it) but wins and loses matter more. FSU is a dumpster fire with Tag.(The dude has never built anything) It will come down does he want to stay on the West coast or come play for Championships

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Have nothing to support the feeling, well, I guess maybe some CB`s, but I can`t shake the notion that he`ll end up on the left coast when all is said and done. I get the same feeling that he will not end up at FSU. Once again, I`m hoping to be wrong and he rolls with the Tide. Man, I`d love to see us bring in both Thibodeaux and Sopsher.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.