2019 5* DE Kavon Thibodeaux

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
I never, for a second, believed that he was going anywhere else. He only had Alabama left on his list to get folks to continue to pay attention to him. He is going to be a very good player, but not nearly as good as if he had received elite coaching.
By what he said, I’m kinda glad he didn’t come to Bama and I also see why he didn’t.
When asked why he is going to a school known for offense, he said he wants to be the man on defense. He’d only be one of many at Bama.
Hope Bama plays Oregon in the next three years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I never, for a second, believed that he was going anywhere else. He only had Alabama left on his list to get folks to continue to pay attention to him. He is going to be a very good player, but not nearly as good as if he had received elite coaching.
Kid mislead numerous staffs for his own drama build up. You can tell by so many not knowing what he was doing. The good news is Bogle has a spot now

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Re: oregon

Something I have learned over the years, you don't worry over the ones you don't get. You worry about the ones you do get. They are the ones that matter.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Kid mislead numerous staffs for his own drama build up. You can tell by so many not knowing what he was doing. The good news is Bogle has a spot now
I agree - he was purposely playing games and I am just glad that he committed this early so Alabama could move on to a player that wants to be a part of the team instead of "the man".

I don't care that he picked Oregon and wish him well.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Since Oregon was the only left-coast team in his final four, it probably shouldn't have been as big of a surprise as its been...:rolleyes:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Since Oregon was the only left-coast team in his final four, it probably shouldn't have been as big of a surprise as its been...:rolleyes:
Who was surprised? It was down to Oregon and Bama and everyone knew the draw of staying on the west coast was the biggest thing we had to overcome.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I would hazard a guess that few if any on the board know KT personally. I have no clue as to his motivations. Having said that, I`ve been on the planet long enough to know that there`s no shortage of people who enjoy being the center of attention. IF that describes KT, I`m pretty sure that that`s an approach that wouldn`t fit well in CNS` way of doing things when it comes to the team.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
We are talking about a kid moving away from family and friends to a new place. It is natural to go to a destination that is closer to home...:cool2:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Surprised we haven’t seen any Dawgs over here crowing. I’m sure everything in this thread is posted somewhere at Dawgnation . They are obsessed with us, especially you JamBama1. You are a hit over there. I ventured over there yesterday and saw a lot of posts from Bulldog fans that post over here, of course under a different name, and it wasn’t nice . Seems to be a lot of Bama based threads over there. Obsession is a heck of a thing.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
I hope not, this would mean we took a serious tumble. Oregon isn’t sniffing the playoffs.
They have the 6th ranked recruiting class and two #1 position players on defense. Don’t bet they don’t get in within three years.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
By what he said, I’m kinda glad he didn’t come to Bama and I also see why he didn’t.
When asked why he is going to a school known for offense, he said he wants to be the man on defense. He’d only be one of many at Bama.
Hope Bama plays Oregon in the next three years.

Kids this age do tend to think they are the man from all the praise they get in high school. But I think I would look at how many defensive linemen have gone to the NFL (in the first 2 rounds) in the last 4-5 years from Bama versus the whole Pac-12 conference.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Kids this age do tend to think they are the man from all the praise they get in high school. But I think I would look at how many defensive linemen have gone to the NFL (in the first 2 rounds) in the last 4-5 years from Bama versus the whole Pac-12 conference.
Some do - and the ones who think that a) typically don’t come to Bama (Clowney) or b) if by some chance they do, either their mindset changes or they don’t play a lot.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Something about this recruitment makes me mad and this type of thing has become a trend. He seems like an individual who enjoys the limelight and I believe someone or something told him to build drama by saying that Alabama was his favorite. The type that would sit out a bowl game to preserve his NFL fortune. Saban doesn't play that game. It just seems like the last couple of years recruits have been trolling our fans by building us up and then picking another school to spite us. Kirby Smart has done it a lot the last couple of years. I guess it just proves that everyone (rival programs and the media) are doing everything in their power to bring us down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.