2019 5* DE Kavon Thibodeaux

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Keep in mind - Oregon has had offensive-minded HC’s until Mario. Being a former lineman, he’s trying to build toughness on both lines and especially the defense. He’s a great recruiter and it’s beginning to show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
FWIW, I never thought he would leave the west coast. He threw out Alabama as a finalist to build drama so he could announce on ESPN. I honestly believe that ESPN wanted him to build the drama just so he could spite us on national TV. I hate that network so much.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
so many factors go into where a kid wants to play. I'm sure the pitch of playing in the opener in a pretty good matchup was also used in the recruiting pitch, facilities, playing time, etc. cant get them all. good luck to Kavon

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Good luck to KT. I hope he has a great college career. I think he is a good kid , he made a tough decision for an 18y/o . Too bad it wasn’t at the capstone, but I knew his decision was against the Tide when he tweeted something like - you may not like my decision but you will have to accept it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
FWIW, I never thought he would leave the west coast. He threw out Alabama as a finalist to build drama so he could announce on ESPN. I honestly believe that ESPN wanted him to build the drama just so he could spite us on national TV. I hate that network so much.
Yep, that was the plan.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Sometimes we don't care for the way kids make their decision, But KT make a decision that he thought was best for him and I'm fine with that. I hope he gets his degree at Oregon and that he does not get injured during his football career. Other than that, he is now just a player on another team so I wish him no luck (good or bad) in his football development.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Can we not just say "congratulations Mario/Oregon"???

We can't get them all, even if they are top ranked! It's depressing that we have to assign the worst possible intents to every kid that chooses another school. We are better than this!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I have no problem with his decision; but, sorry, I don’t care for his comment about being the “man” on defense. Players with “public” attitudes like that don’t typically don’t do well at Bama, and most go elsewhere.
If you watched his declaration (I did), and you’re OK with what he said and how he said it, fine. That’s your call.
I’m not and that’s MY call.
I don’t wish him anything good or ill unless they play Bama (one can hope) - then I hope to see him pancaked on every play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Any assembled group is composed of a cross-section of all personality types. This forum is no different than any other...except for the fact that our moderators do a superb job of keeping it clean around here. That being said, “we ALL” are not better than that. Collectively, “we ALL” display the range of personality types found in society...some are more mature than others...and some we’d rather not see representing our collective...just sayin’

We can't get them all, even if they are top ranked! It's depressing that we have to assign the worst possible intents to every kid that chooses another school. We are better than this!

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
Any assembled group is composed of a cross-section of all personality types. This forum is no different than any other...except for the fact that our moderators do a superb job of keeping it clean around here. That being said, “we ALL” are not better than that. Collectively, “we ALL” display the range of personality types found in society...some are more mature than others...and some we’d rather not see representing our collective...just sayin’
You guys nailed it.
Most of us are devoted fans, extremely proud of this program, and grateful, especially for the last ten years.
We are watching, and feel a part of, an historic Process.
No reason not to keep it classy when we lose a few.
"We'll win with your without you."

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Coach Paul Bryant summed it up so well (and I paraphrase): You don't worry about the recruits you miss on, you worry about the ones you get. So this kid is now an afterthought and we don't need to think about him again unless we play Oregon.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Really that's where I am at... Cristobal got a good one. Congrats.

FWIW, KT told all 3 staffs (Oregon, Bama, FSU) what they wanted to hear in the week before announcement. All 3 were optimistic, yet scared because all sources basically said the same thing.

Also, we are recruitng Bogle as a Jack, and he realistically could be every bit as good as KT with the right S&C. KT was just more polished now.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Really that's where I am at... Cristobal got a good one. Congrats.

FWIW, KT told all 3 staffs (Oregon, Bama, FSU) what they wanted to hear in the week before announcement. All 3 were optimistic, yet scared because all sources basically said the same thing.

Also, we are recruitng Bogle as a Jack, and he realistically could be every bit as good as KT with the right S&C. KT was just more polished now.
Maybe Bama can land Bogle

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.