Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Last edited:

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
The crystal ball guy didn't really give Alabama much of a chance of signing this young man. Usc had the highest percentage at 60. Can Saban work his magic on this kid and get him here?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The crystal ball guy didn't really give Alabama much of a chance of signing this young man. Usc had the highest percentage at 60. Can Saban work his magic on this kid and get him here?
Could indeed be a long shot, but if any staff and head coach can pull him, I`d put my money on ours. One thing for sure, he sure likes to come here!

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
With all due respect, crystal ball predictions are often completely meaningless. When Eboigbe committed Bama had 0%, I think it was UGA and AU 50% each. That is not a rare occurrence. Sometimes they're right, but they are wrong enough to make them very unreliable. This is no reflection on KT's recruitment - I know nothing more than published reports.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
A lot of times those guys take into account just plain common sense. Although it seems common to us, guys picking up everything and moving across the country are rare. Honestly, all Alabama offers above USC is a greater chance to win a championship. Some recruits aren't interested in grinding against other top notch guys for playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
we lead but still some time to go FSU & USC should be the players for him.
Obviously, distance wise, no appreciable difference between us and FSU. What would they ( FSU ) have over us as far as sales pitch? Earlier playing time ( " You`ll be the man from day 1." ) ? Don`t think there`s much question as which of the 3 is the more established, successful program at the highest level.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I guess I just don't understand how FSU is in play for him. Is FSU coach from the west coast?
Obviously, distance wise, no appreciable difference between us and FSU. What would they ( FSU ) have over us as far as sales pitch? Earlier playing time ( " You`ll be the man from day 1." ) ? Don`t think there`s much question as which of the 3 is the more established, successful program at the highest level.
Taggart being at Oregon probably plays a factor here. Although it was only a year, I suspect there's a relationship between Kavon and Taggart along with some staff members.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Steve witlong of 247 with the crystal ball to bama after the buzz surrounding him and Smalls #3 player in 2020 at pro football camp

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Steve witlong of 247 with the crystal ball to bama after the buzz surrounding him and Smalls #3 player in 2020 at pro football camp
That's awesome Jam. I saw today where EJ Holland and Shannon Terry CB'd him to Bama also. Trending big time and he would be the crown jewel in this class.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Agree to an extent. The guys on the inside that are still on the board, Sopsher and/or Ika, would be that for me.

Hill is a dog though. A safety with CB speed/skills. Nick salivates at that.
Ika wants to come to bama badly but don't know if we have the room. I think Hill is a more athletic Fitzpatrick and best athlete since Landon Collins imo (who I think got too big at bama). He matches or beats Stingley in every category including 40 yard dash. Thibodeaux is better than Smith (UGA Commit) Neither are as good as Anoma. We will sign a lot of OLB's next year esscpially from the DMV area (we will hit that area hard next year) that imo are better than the guys this year especially Sherman (who tested better than Smith 19 see above at the opening), Smalls, Braswell, Clowney (yes related to that #1 pick). We lead for three out of 4 with a legacy Grimes in there as well. LB class next year will be huge.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Ika wants to come to bama badly but don't know if we have the room. I think Hill is a more athletic Fitzpatrick and best athlete since Landon Collins imo (who I think got too big at bama). He matches or beats Stingley in every category including 40 yard dash. Thibodeaux is better than Smith (UGA Commit) Neither are as good as Anoma. We will sign a lot of OLB's next year esscpially from the DMV area (we will hit that area hard next year) that imo are better than the guys this year especially Sherman (who tested better than Smith 19 see above at the opening), Smalls, Braswell, Clowney (yes related to that #1 pick). We lead for three out of 4 with a legacy Grimes in there as well. LB class next year will be huge.
Jam, what`s your honest opinion as to our chances with Thibodeaux and for prying Hill out of Oklahoma? It`s a great class now. With those two?...Wow!

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Jam, what`s your honest opinion as to our chances with Thibodeaux and for prying Hill out of Oklahoma? It`s a great class now. With those two?...Wow!
Currently for Thib it is between BAMA/FSU with us leading. Tosh is huge and will be in this race. leading now and signing in December are two different things. For Hill Everything I've gathered has him in our class but there is pressure to stay instate but he loves Saban. Saban record with NFL prospects imo is the reason we get him. I'd feel better if he commits sooner rather than later which he say he's going to do.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Currently for Thib it is between BAMA/FSU with us leading. Tosh is huge and will be in this race. leading now and signing in December are two different things. For Hill Everything I've gathered has him in our class but there is pressure to stay instate but he loves Saban. Saban record with NFL prospects imo is the reason we get him. I'd feel better if he commits sooner rather than later which he say he's going to do.
That`s all VERY encouraging. Gonna` hold you to it, Jam! Just kidding ( but only a little! );) !

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.