2019 5* DE Kavon Thibodeaux
Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

2019 5* DE Kavon Thibodeaux

Kayvon is the #1 recruit in the nation and we made his top 5. Thought I would start a thread on him since he seems very interested. Cali kid and we have some Cali kids and other west coast kids to hopefully persuade Kayvon to make a business decision and come to T-Town. I mis-spelled his first name in the title thread.

https://247sports.com/college/alabam...ux--119468350/
    Last edited by TiderJack; June 30th, 2018 at 12:05 PM.

BamaNation All-American crimson fan man's Avatar

Re: 2019 5* DE Kavon Thibodeaux

The crystal ball guy didn't really give Alabama much of a chance of signing this young man. Usc had the highest percentage at 60. Can Saban work his magic on this kid and get him here?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by crimson fan man View Post
    The crystal ball guy didn't really give Alabama much of a chance of signing this young man. Usc had the highest percentage at 60. Can Saban work his magic on this kid and get him here?
    Could indeed be a long shot, but if any staff and head coach can pull him, I`d put my money on ours. One thing for sure, he sure likes to come here!

BamaNation All-American

With all due respect, crystal ball predictions are often completely meaningless. When Eboigbe committed Bama had 0%, I think it was UGA and AU 50% each. That is not a rare occurrence. Sometimes they're right, but they are wrong enough to make them very unreliable. This is no reflection on KT's recruitment - I know nothing more than published reports.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

A lot of times those guys take into account just plain common sense. Although it seems common to us, guys picking up everything and moving across the country are rare. Honestly, all Alabama offers above USC is a greater chance to win a championship. Some recruits aren't interested in grinding against other top notch guys for playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American

we lead but still some time to go FSU & USC should be the players for him.

BamaNation All-American crimson fan man's Avatar

I guess I just don't understand how FSU is in play for him. Is FSU coach from the west coast?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    we lead but still some time to go FSU & USC should be the players for him.
    Obviously, distance wise, no appreciable difference between us and FSU. What would they ( FSU ) have over us as far as sales pitch? Earlier playing time ( " You`ll be the man from day 1." ) ? Don`t think there`s much question as which of the 3 is the more established, successful program at the highest level.

I guess I just don't understand how FSU is in play for him. Is FSU coach from the west coast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Obviously, distance wise, no appreciable difference between us and FSU. What would they ( FSU ) have over us as far as sales pitch? Earlier playing time ( " You`ll be the man from day 1." ) ? Don`t think there`s much question as which of the 3 is the more established, successful program at the highest level.
    Taggart being at Oregon probably plays a factor here. Although it was only a year, I suspect there's a relationship between Kavon and Taggart along with some staff members.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I don't see anything and assume it may be a twitter message. What does your post say?

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I don't see anything and assume it may be a twitter message. What does your post say?
    Not recruiting related - a vid of Kayvon blowing past an o-lineman in what appears to be The Opening.

BamaNation All-American

Steve witlong of 247 with the crystal ball to bama after the buzz surrounding him and Smalls #3 player in 2020 at pro football camp