Question: Ticket Demand Seems to Have Decreased

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tough to imagine, at least for me, that there are not 7,000 people willing to visit Tuscaloosa from those 3 SEC schools.
That was my thinking, too.

I can somewhat understand Mizzou.

TAMU fans seem excited about Jimbo, so I don't know why they would return tickets.

MSU makes no sense at all. New coach excitement plus a bunch of returning starters and play-makers PLUS Fitzgerald returning. Oh, and the whole closeness thing.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
The way I said it was stupid and incorrect.

If we are number one, we get the "mileage advantage" and it will be here in Dallas.

Otherwise, we're at the mercy. My bad.
But I am curious now because of 81's post. Would that be true if we were #1 and Texas or TCU was #4? Would they send us to Miami to avoid the home state advantage? Or would they play around with the rankings and make that Texas team #3 instead of #4 to get the right teams in the right games (I suspect this does happen to an extent). By the way, I don't see either of those teams making their way to the playoff this year, but just pretend for a minute that they did.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But I am curious now because of 81's post. Would that be true if we were #1 and Texas or TCU was #4? Would they send us to Miami to avoid the home state advantage? Or would they play around with the rankings and make that Texas team #3 instead of #4 to get the right teams in the right games (I suspect this does happen to an extent). By the way, I don't see either of those teams making their way to the playoff this year, but just pretend for a minute that they did.
I believe the basic rule is that #1 gets the venue closest to its home campus (81 can help here).

So even if TCU was #4, I don't see where that would matter. Of course, I've been stupid enough on this thread so....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Doesn't matter. #1 goes to closest venue. Look back to the 2014 CFP for proof. #2 Florida State against #3 Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The only way #1 doesn’t go to the closest venue is if #4 is in their home state.

For example: semis in Dallas and Miami

#1 Bama
#2 Clemson
#3 Washington
#4 Texas

Bama and Texas play in Miami because Dallas is in Texas. The point is to try to create a sorta home field advantage for #1. I’m unsure if #2 moves vs venues if #3 is in their home state but I do know #1 does if #4 is.

But I would believe in your scenario with Texas-TCU that the game stays in Dallas because it isn’t TCU’s home stadium and Texas isn’t going to raise he’ll about it. Now make #1 UF and #4 Miami I think that is way different.

Last edited:

B1GMark

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 10, 2018
From what I can gather, these are visiting fan allotment returns. They will most likely be in the upper deck north end zone.
New to Bama with daughter enrolling in fall. Is one of the upper decks better to sit in than the other? Is one better than other for Tide fans?

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
New to Bama with daughter enrolling in fall. Is one of the upper decks better to sit in than the other? Are either more Bama fans than visiting fans?
The "West side" is the Alabama side, their sidelines.

In terms of viewing the field, that really doesn't make any difference unless you're low.

However.....the East sideline (e.g. the visitor) can really be bad at times (note: that's where my seats were the last two years) because:
a) in the early season games that are day games, the sun is beating down on you unless you're under the awning
b) in the late season games, the sun is going down in your face

B is actually not as bad as it sounds, but it's still an issue save for the LSU game, which kicks off just after 7pm.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.