A national college football injury rprt may be coming soon if Big10 ADs get their way - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: A national college football injury rprt may be coming soon if Big10 ADs get their

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    If you ever want Bama to have a better than average baseball team then we are probably going to to need the lottery. So there is some good things that can come out of doing away with gambling bans. People who want to gamble are going to gamble, might as well keep the money in state.
    How about Prostitution? I mean - the people who are going to hire prostitutes are going to do it anyway, right?
    Why not keep that money in state and just tax it? Right?

Same logic.

(And FWIW, I'm really not opposed OR supportive of a State lottery -don't really care either way. It's simply a tax on people who don't understand mathematics. - But the problem is, it's a scam in virtually every State that's done it, and NO State that's adopted a lottery has ever lowered their other taxes).
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses..."
    Dennis of Mercia, British Statesman/Philosopher,
    (895 A.D. - ?).

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: A national college football injury rprt may be coming soon if Big10 ADs get their

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromBama View Post
    How about Prostitution? I mean - the people who are going to hire prostitutes are going to do it anyway, right?
    Why not keep that money in state and just tax it? Right?

Same logic.

(And FWIW, I'm really not opposed OR supportive of a State lottery -don't really care either way. It's simply a tax on people who don't understand mathematics. - But the problem is, it's a scam in virtually every State that's done it, and NO State that's adopted a lottery has ever lowered their other taxes).
    Vegas is doing well on and off of both vices. Just saying.

Anyways not going to get into this too far because itís....

But I want a better baseball team, and an Alabama lottery is a system that could aid in that since teams like Vandy, USCE, LSU, and UF all use lottery scholarships for their baseball teams. I have no more sympathy for a gambler than a drunk, but I see more upside of using gambling money than alcohol money. IMO
    Last edited by 81usaf92; July 9th, 2018 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    . . . .

But I want a better baseball team, and an Alabama lottery is a system that could aid in that since teams like Vandy, USCE, LSU, and UF all use lottery scholarships for their baseball teams. I have no more sympathy for a gambler than a drunk, but I see more upside of using gambling money than alcohol money. IMO
    From the point of view of fandom, I 100% agree that it would be great for UA's baseball - and I think it's an OUTRAGE that the NZAA allows such blatant manipulation of the rules!!!! Really "Rotten" and "manure" on their part to allow such profound disparity in something as fundamental as scholarship numbers.

It would be like giving programs in some states 150 football scholarships, while others could only stay at 85.

From the point of view of social utility, well, as you note - this ain't the correct forum, right?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses..."
    Dennis of Mercia, British Statesman/Philosopher,
    (895 A.D. - ?).