A national college football injury rprt may be coming soon if Big10 ADs get their way

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How about Prostitution? I mean - the people who are going to hire prostitutes are going to do it anyway, right?
Why not keep that money in state and just tax it? Right?

Same logic. :rolleyes:

(And FWIW, I'm really not opposed OR supportive of a State lottery -don't really care either way. It's simply a tax on people who don't understand mathematics. - But the problem is, it's a scam in virtually every State that's done it, and NO State that's adopted a lottery has ever lowered their other taxes).
Vegas is doing well on and off of both vices. Just saying.

Anyways not going to get into this too far because it’s....

But I want a better baseball team, and an Alabama lottery is a system that could aid in that since teams like Vandy, USCE, LSU, and UF all use lottery scholarships for their baseball teams. I have no more sympathy for a gambler than a drunk, but I see more upside of using gambling money than alcohol money. IMO

Last edited:

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
. . . .

But I want a better baseball team, and an Alabama lottery is a system that could aid in that since teams like Vandy, USCE, LSU, and UF all use lottery scholarships for their baseball teams. I have no more sympathy for a gambler than a drunk, but I see more upside of using gambling money than alcohol money. IMO
From the point of view of fandom, I 100% agree that it would be great for UA's baseball - and I think it's an OUTRAGE that the NZAA allows such blatant manipulation of the rules!!!! Really "Rotten" and "manure" on their part to allow such profound disparity in something as fundamental as scholarship numbers.

It would be like giving programs in some states 150 football scholarships, while others could only stay at 85.

From the point of view of social utility, well, as you note - this ain't the correct forum, right? :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.