Kansas has fallen and can't get up - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    It makes my heart warm to see Kansas laying in the middle of the interstate while getting run over by the rest of the football world. I worked with a guy who hands down was the most obnoxious college football fan I'd ever been around. One of those guys who knows everything about everything and likes to let everyone in the room know it. While they were on this mini "run" of success he was like a bad of case herpes. Grinding on everyone's nerves by calling us "hacks" when stating our opinions on what was going on in the football world for that season. Yet his opinion was the gospel. I'd rather be shot in the face with rat shot than listen to that guy's voice ever again. Other than that I liked the guy.
    Sounds like some auburn fans, we all know.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    Kansas is 3-33 the past three years. Probably the worst P5 team (and that is saying something) because they show no signs of getting better. I remember the last hire and thinking "they don't really care about winning, they just want someone for minimum wage."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...fford-to-fail/
    Actually, it's the very worst record from 2015-2017 in all of FBS. #129 out of 129 FBS programs.

Second-to-worst is a tie between Texas St. (Sun Belt), Oregon St. (PAC-12) and Charlotte (CONFUSA), all at 7-29, (Tied at #126) so Kansas really is far and away the leader at losing games over this three year period.....

Next worst p-5 team is a tie between Two teams from the MIGHTY B1G-EGO Conference!! Rutgers and Illinois, both at 10-26! (Tie for #118) Why does Ohio $tate ever need to schedule an OOC "Cream Puff" when their conference-mates are some of the WEAKEST CREAM PUFFS in all of CFB?????

How about the rest of the P-5:
    Worst ACC Team? Virginia -#113 (tied with Purdue of the B1G and UConn of the AAC) 12-25
    Worst SEC Team? Vandy - #94 (In a 5-way tie with 3 mid-majors and Cincinnatti of the AAC) 15-22

Just for fun - P-5 teams with WORSE records in the past three seasons than the WORST team record in the SEC - #94 Vandy:
    #101 - Iowa State - Big-12 -
    #106 - Maryland - B1G
    #109 - Syracuse - ACC
    #113 - Tie: Purdue - B1G and Uva - ACC
    #118 - Tie: Illinois - B1G and Rugters - B1G
    #126 - Oregon State - PAC-12
    and, of course,
    #129 - Kansas - Big-12

NINE (9) P-5 teams, representing ALL FOUR of the other P-5 conferences, with worse records than the "worst" SEC team record ......

Source: http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/...=on&by=Win+Pct

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    You're right, they lost the division title on tiebreakers, my memory is failing me. Regardless, they were 12-1, won a major bowl game and finished in the top 10 in both polls. You can diminish that if you want but they were clearly a good team and if someone like Mangino can do that at Kansas I stand by this "they're a bball school, you can't win there" rhetoric is nonsense.
    Bear Bryant won at Kentucky and even won the Sugar Bowl -- but Kentucky is still a BB school and that makes it more difficult.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    It makes my heart warm to see Kansas laying in the middle of the interstate while getting run over by the rest of the football world. I worked with a guy who hands down was the most obnoxious college football fan I'd ever been around. One of those guys who knows everything about everything and likes to let everyone in the room know it. While they were on this mini "run" of success he was like a bad of case herpes. Grinding on everyone's nerves by calling us "hacks" when stating our opinions on what was going on in the football world for that season. Yet his opinion was the gospel. I'd rather be shot in the face with rat shot than listen to that guy's voice ever again. Other than that I liked the guy.
    Sounds like some auburn fans, we all know.
    LOL!! I was gonna say it reminds me of a few people a little CLOSER than aub fans, but ... I've probably already said too much......

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    For the past couple of years the other schools have privately wondered how much longer the conference will continue to let Kanas drag down the TV money. As the article points out the BB doesn't offset the FB negative. Temple was kicked out of the Big East a few years ago and Idaho State and N Mexico State were just last year booted from the Sun Belt. It could happen, I guess, except who would they get to replace Kansas?
    The world needs ditch diggers too.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Kansas is a basketball school. They hire anyone that can get 20k in a football stadium and fire him 4 years later. KSU is the football school but one has to wonder how much longer that continues with Snyder’s age.

But Kansas is almost a basketball only school.
    no doubt. I HAVE seen a few pretty good Jayhawk teams...but ONLY a few. That fact would suggest that their fans are okay with that. Kinda like many Bama fans are about Basketball. If we all loved that sport like football? What might happen? Or Baseball?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    no doubt. I HAVE seen a few pretty good Jayhawk teams...but ONLY a few. That fact would suggest that their fans are okay with that. Kinda like many Bama fans are about Basketball. If we all loved that sport like football? What might happen? Or Baseball?
    The only game they ever have semi cared about in football was Missouri. They had a very interesting and competitive rivalry with each other

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    You're right, they lost the division title on tiebreakers, my memory is failing me. Regardless, they were 12-1, won a major bowl game and finished in the top 10 in both polls. You can diminish that if you want but they were clearly a good team and if someone like Mangino can do that at Kansas I stand by this "they're a bball school, you can't win there" rhetoric is nonsense.
    With a good staff...with good recruiters? Sure. Could be done again. And probably will when the stars line up correctly. BUT......I watch so little Big12 football that I might not even notice. I know that Kansas had at least great running back during the 60s. Always wondered what Sayers MIGHT have done had his knee held up.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    The only game they ever have semi cared about in football was Missouri. They had a very interesting and competitive rivalry with each other
    Absolutely! That rivalry is daily. I have read books about it. During the Civil War.....the war itself gave excuses to conduct border wars. They killed each other not even knowing what the missions were. Only that the enemy was guilty of living in Lawrence Kansas or Springfield Mo.

BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

Kansas hasn't kicked up much dust since the '60s when RB Gayle Sayers and QB Bobby Douglass were playing.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    With a good staff...with good recruiters? Sure. Could be done again. And probably will when the stars line up correctly. BUT......I watch so little Big12 football that I might not even notice. I know that Kansas had at least great running back during the 60s. Always wondered what Sayers MIGHT have done had his knee held up.
    John Riggins too and John Hadl. Recently they had 2 of the best corners in the NFL: Aqib Talib and Chris Harris.

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Kansas CAN be competitive if they want to be. Kansas State nearly always fields a team that wins. Albeit, rarely ever in a championship mode.

Iowa State is a comparable school. If a coach can win at Ames, they damn sure can win at Lawrenceville.

I just don't think they really want to put in the money and effort to make the Jayhawks competitive.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    Kansas CAN be competitive if they want to be. Kansas State nearly always fields a team that wins. Albeit, rarely ever in a championship mode.

Iowa State is a comparable school. If a coach can win at Ames, they damn sure can win at Lawrenceville.

I just don't think they really want to put in the money and effort to make the Jayhawks competitive.
    Iowa and Kansas are very different. Iowa is a football state while Kansas is a basketball state. I don't just mean in college. Everyday folks in those states identify with their respective sports.