Kansas has fallen and can't get up
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 58
  1. #1
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boaz, AL USA
    Posts
    9,885

    Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Kansas is 3-33 the past three years. Probably the worst P5 team (and that is saying something) because they show no signs of getting better. I remember the last hire and thinking "they don't really care about winning, they just want someone for minimum wage."

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...fford-to-fail/
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    8,268

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    Kansas is 3-33 the past three years. Probably the worst P5 team (and that is saying something) because they show no signs of getting better. I remember the last hire and thinking "they don't really care about winning, they just want someone for minimum wage."

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...fford-to-fail/
    Kansas is a basketball school. They hire anyone that can get 20k in a football stadium and fire him 4 years later. KSU is the football school but one has to wonder how much longer that continues with Snyderís age.

    But Kansas is almost a basketball only school.

  4. #3
    BamaNation First Team UntouchableCrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    991

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Mark Magino went 12-1 at Kansas, won a Big 12 Championship, the Orange Bowl, and finished ranked #7 in the AP and Coaches polls... And this was only 10 years ago.

    It can be done.

  5. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boaz, AL USA
    Posts
    9,885
    Thread Starter

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Kansas is a basketball school. They hire anyone that can get 20k in a football stadium and fire him 4 years later. KSU is the football school but one has to wonder how much longer that continues with Snyder’s age.

    But Kansas is almost a basketball only school.
    For the past couple of years the other schools have privately wondered how much longer the conference will continue to let Kanas drag down the TV money. As the article points out the BB doesn't offset the FB negative. Temple was kicked out of the Big East a few years ago and Idaho State and N Mexico State were just last year booted from the Sun Belt. It could happen, I guess, except who would they get to replace Kansas?
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

  6. #5
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    8,268

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    For the past couple of years the other schools have privately wondered how much longer the conference will continue to let Kanas drag down the TV money. As the article points out the BB doesn't offset the FB negative. Temple was kicked out of the Big East a few years ago and Idaho State and N Mexico State were just last year booted from the Sun Belt. It could happen, I guess, except who would they get to replace Kansas?
    Texas would have to make a deal with the devil with Houston to replace Kansas and keep the Big XII alive.

  7. #6
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    8,268

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    Mark Magino went 12-1 at Kansas, won a Big 12 Championship, the Orange Bowl, and finished ranked #7 in the AP and Coaches polls... And this was only 10 years ago.

    It can be done.
    Mark magino never won the Big XII let alone the Big XII North. The only good team he played all year was the one that beat him and won the North. M-I-Z.

    That Kansas team was like that Iowa team in 2015 in that they were just the best mediocre team out of a horrible division.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; July 3rd, 2018 at 10:33 AM.

  8. #7
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    23,365

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    Mark Magino went 12-1 at Kansas, won a Big 12 Championship, the Orange Bowl, and finished ranked #7 in the AP and Coaches polls... And this was only 10 years ago.

    It can be done.
    It makes my heart warm to see Kansas laying in the middle of the interstate while getting run over by the rest of the football world. I worked with a guy who hands down was the most obnoxious college football fan I'd ever been around. One of those guys who knows everything about everything and likes to let everyone in the room know it. While they were on this mini "run" of success he was like a bad of case herpes. Grinding on everyone's nerves by calling us "hacks" when stating our opinions on what was going on in the football world for that season. Yet his opinion was the gospel. I'd rather be shot in the face with rat shot than listen to that guy's voice ever again. Other than that I liked the guy.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  9. #8
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lower Alabama
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Texas would have to make a deal with the devil with Houston to replace Kansas and keep the Big XII alive.
    LOL!! There are AD's (and fans) in the B-12 who would tell you (privately) that Texass IS the Devil!!!

  10. #9
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,599

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    For the past couple of years the other schools have privately wondered how much longer the conference will continue to let Kanas drag down the TV money. As the article points out the BB doesn't offset the FB negative. Temple was kicked out of the Big East a few years ago and Idaho State and N Mexico State were just last year booted from the Sun Belt. It could happen, I guess, except who would they get to replace Kansas?
    University of the Incarnate Word - with a strong "testimonial" from Saban...

  11. #10
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    8,268

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromBama View Post
    LOL!! There are AD's (and fans) in the B-12 who would tell you (privately) that Texass IS the Devil!!!
    Texas hates Houston a lot. They donít want to have to deal with Tillman Ferreta when they are gouging money out of everyone else.

  12. #11
    BamaNation First Team UntouchableCrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    991

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Mark magino never won the Big XII let alone the Big XII North. The only good team he played all year was the one that beat him and won the North. M-I-Z.

    That Kansas team was like that Iowa team in 2015 in that they were just the best mediocre team out of a horrible division.
    You're right, they lost the division title on tiebreakers, my memory is failing me. Regardless, they were 12-1, won a major bowl game and finished in the top 10 in both polls. You can diminish that if you want but they were clearly a good team and if someone like Mangino can do that at Kansas I stand by this "they're a bball school, you can't win there" rhetoric is nonsense.

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    17,186

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Kansas exists in a an area that produces almost no football talent. Add the fact that they are a BBall school and barely pay attention to football and this is what you get. They need to be in a smaller conference.

  14. #13
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    8,268

    Re: Kansas has fallen and can't get up

    Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    You're right, they lost the division title on tiebreakers, my memory is failing me. Regardless, they were 12-1, won a major bowl game and finished in the top 10 in both polls. You can diminish that if you want but they were clearly a good team and if someone like Mangino can do that at Kansas I stand by this "they're a bball school, you can't win there" rhetoric is nonsense.
    Just about every school has THAT unexpected run that they shouldnít. Vandy and Iowa st have had good runs before


    But look at who that Kansas team played and youíll see that any mediocre team would do well. They played 3 teams with winning record. Their OOC was CMU, SE Louisiana, Toledo, and FIU. Like I said itís basically the 2015 Iowa team. Looked good playing no one until they played someone.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar