Lincoln Riley Takes Shot at Georgia/SEC or Compliments Big 12 Offenses?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - to put this in even more perspective: Riley's ONLY shutout as a head coach was that 2020 Covid opener against Missouri State. Now granted, even if you take that way, OU would still have ranked 35th in scoring defense in 2020.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Btw - to put this in even more perspective: Riley's ONLY shutout as a head coach was that 2020 Covid opener against Missouri State. Now granted, even if you take that way, OU would still have ranked 35th in scoring defense in 2020.
Which basically sucks.

I didn't even make that post as a joke - I honestly don't think he understands what good defense is or its importance at the highest levels of CFB. Heck, he brought grinch with him from OU to USC for crying out loud, hahahahaha

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Which basically sucks.

I didn't even make that post as a joke - I honestly don't think he understands what good defense is or its importance at the highest levels of CFB. Heck, he brought grinch with him from OU to USC for crying out loud, hahahahaha
Yeah, no argument here.

And the amazing thing to me is - it's at Oklahoma, a school that for many years ranked right alongside Alabama and Penn State (and the Miami teams of the 80s and 90s) as having "stud defenses." Even in 2000, their defense was the power part of the team.

It's stunning to see the level to which their DEFENSE has fallen. I mean, we've had problems but nothing compared to them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.