**** 2019 4* DT Byron Young SIGNS with Bama ****

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
BOL is reporting a midnight commitment to Bama. He is one of the big DT's out of Mississippi. RTR!

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Re: DT Byron Young commits to Bama

Lots of D-linemen in this class. I like it. Can’t have too many good ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

At this rate the whole class will be done by the early signing period. I love it. I don't usually follow recruiting much until after the season is over, but after last year's class I have been keeping up closely to see if last year was an anomaly or a trend. Well I think it's safe to say it was an anomaly at this point. What a time to be a Bama fan!!!!!!!!!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Big pick up! Young is Top 10 in his position, he just sits outside the Top 100 at 120 in the country. many felt that Bama would most likely go 0 for 4 with the Mississippi DL for the 2019 class. Pickering committing to Miss. St, Handy to Auburn, and a less than 100% Charles Moore to Miss. St. seemed like the door would be shut for good. Young impressed staff after he camped last week and a committable offer was on the table. many fans have been speculating that Young's commitment meant that Cheney will most likely not be in this class. that is certainly a possible scenario as Cheney has been mentioned previously as 2 commits that won't be in this class.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Big pick up! Young is Top 10 in his position, he just sits outside the Top 100 at 120 in the country. many felt that Bama would most likely go 0 for 4 with the Mississippi DL for the 2019 class. Pickering committing to Miss. St, Handy to Auburn, and a less than 100% Charles Moore to Miss. St. seemed like the door would be shut for good. Young impressed staff after he camped last week and a committable offer was on the table. many fans have been speculating that Young's commitment meant that Cheney will most likely not be in this class. that is certainly a possible scenario as Cheney has been mentioned previously as 2 commits that won't be in this class.
That is a good point on Cheney and I will feel for the kid if it happens. UGA pulled back from their offer when they originally took a commitment from him and we most likely will also. Some other SEC team is going to get a guy that feels disrespected and he will probably end up being a good one.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

That is a good point on Cheney and I will feel for the kid if it happens. UGA pulled back from their offer when they originally took a commitment from him and we most likely will also. Some other SEC team is going to get a guy that feels disrespected and he will probably end up being a good one.
Are you at liberty to say what made both schools back off?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Are you at liberty to say what made both schools back off?

I don't know for sure but what I believe is we both had bigger, faster guys higher on our boards. Cheney is on the small side for a DL. He may still be a take for us but we have a couple of high profile DL guys we are going after and he may be the odd man out.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Man, love to see all of these winners coming to Title Town...Roll Tide Byron!!!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

3 weeks to the day before signing day and getting fired up to get Young on board. RTR!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I am as excited to see this one in Crimson as I am just about every one of our early signees. Really hope to see his commitment confirm first thing in the morning.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.