4* SF Diante Smith - decommited

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: **** 4* SF Diante Smith Commits to Bama ****

The new Golden State model in basketball is anyone who can shoot can play. They can learn to play defense, but true shooters are not easy to find.
If it is the Golden State model, they don't have to learn to play defense. The game I got stuck watching between the Rockets and the Warriors looked more like an old all-star game. They all just walked or ran to open spots and jacked up shots. There was no defense.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Diante announced on twitter that he is re-opening his recruitment.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I asked someone yesterday and it seems like it may be because of Avery targeting a better player that may have interest in Alabama, so If I had to take an educated guess, Smith is stepping back and see what Avery is doing. He's just trying to protect himself just in case. I don't blame the kid a bit. CJ Walker's name has been mentioned several time in recent days, so that may be it, may not be it.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

I asked someone yesterday and it seems like it may be because of Avery targeting a better player that may have interest in Alabama, so If I had to take an educated guess, Smith is stepping back and see what Avery is doing. He's just trying to protect himself just in case. I don't blame the kid a bit. CJ Walker's name has been mentioned several time in recent days, so that may be it, may not be it.
This is exactly what my thoughts are. We are starting to get in pretty decent shape with CJ Walker and I think we have to save a spot for Trendon Watford (Plays the same position as smith and Juwan Gary) also thinking now that we may have a shot with Jaekwon Walton. This is a ridiculously athletic wing heavy recruiting class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This is exactly what my thoughts are. We are starting to get in pretty decent shape with CJ Walker and I think we have to save a spot for Trendon Watford (Plays the same position as smith and Juwan Gary) also thinking now that we may have a shot with Jaekwon Walton. This is a ridiculously athletic wing heavy recruiting class.

I don't think we get Walton though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

This is crazy. Just plain crazy.

Kid must have had his feelings hurt somehow to do a 180 in two weeks.

rtr

SavanaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 25, 2000
Huntsville, AL

Yep -- in recent years I've selected to hold off on any excitement until the student is actually enrolled and on campus. :p_blank:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Walton just committed to Miss State.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Walton just committed to Miss State.
His mom announced today he's no longer committed to Mississippi State and will announce at a later date after talking everything over with his family.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.