4* SF Diante Smith - decommited

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Re: **** 4* SF Dianne Smith Commits to Bama ****

Funny that in the Rivals article they say he is a three star, but in the bio Rivals has him as a four star. I am assuming that the writer didn't see the finished product before it was posted.

rtr

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Welcome to the Capstone young man!!!

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

Seems like a good pick up! Hope we get the others too. RTR

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

who do we get Watford and Lewis and who else.
You may have more info than it do on Watford, but the last thing I saw had the crystal ball to Memphis. I think Kira Lewis is still projected to Bama as is Jaykwon Walker. We need Watford's size. He can dominate the inside if he is as good as he is rated. Memphis won't get him the exposure being the SEC would. Hope Hardaway at Memphis ins 't playing fast and loose with the rules.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

You may have more info than it do on Watford, but the last thing I saw had the crystal ball to Memphis. I think Kira Lewis is still projected to Bama as is Jaykwon Walker. We need Watford's size. He can dominate the inside if he is as good as he is rated. Memphis won't get him the exposure being the SEC would. Hope Hardaway at Memphis ins 't playing fast and loose with the rules.
I’ve been told Watford and Kira are on board. With recruiting, there’s no telling, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: **** 4* SF Diante Smith Commits to Bama ****

I mean, he is ranked #54 overall in the nation, so I’d say that he is a little better than decent lol.

Ranking does not matter to me. It is based on their high school career. I'm looking at overall evaluation of a player and how he fits with Alabama team. What I like about him the most is that he can hit any shot from anywhere on the floor and he crash the offensive board hard. he is not afraid to take shots. What I'm curious about him is that does he have that ability to play defense? Can he be a solid defender? What position will he play in college? Guard or Forward? maybe little of each? Avery stress ball movement on offense, and I see Gray averages little over 1 assist per game. What I'm worried about him is the ability to play well consistently because I don't think he played against good competitions over the years. John petty was 5 star and he struggled on the road this year. He had rough year... I think Gray will have similar experience.

Now, if we are able to land Lewis, Watsford and Gray all together. Then I'm wondering how will they fit in with Flemings and Butler next year. This should be very good team.

Should Gray signs with Bama... I'm hoping he will continue to improve his game overall. I'm still not impressed with him, but hopefully, he will change my mind soon.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: **** 4* SF Diante Smith Commits to Bama ****

The new Golden State model in basketball is anyone who can shoot can play. They can learn to play defense, but true shooters are not easy to find.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Have you heard anything about the possibility of Kira reclassifying to 2018?

Someone told me he would reclassify... I gotta check though. His coach just resigned recently so he might not play this fall and reclassify to 2018

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Someone told me he would reclassify... I gotta check though. His coach just resigned recently so he might not play this fall and reclassify to 2018

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I’m in Huntsville and actually coached against him when he was in the 8th grade. He was probably the best and most advanced 8th grader for sure that I have ever coached against.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

The new Golden State model in basketball is anyone who can shoot can play. They can learn to play defense, but true shooters are not easy to find.
Well, it works.

Better than Grants philosophy of offering athletes who couldn't shoot.

Last year, we finally saw what some decent, although streaky, shooting with good players can accomplish.

Hoping Petty gets more consistent from 3 land and Jones masters that 15-18 footer. That would be huge!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.