Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I've seen it first hand. The big majority of Mexicans (some illegal, some with cards) who are working in the groves and tomato farms here in Florida are hard working, polite, good people who see the opportunity to provide for their families. They send their money back home to their families and live here with very little. It seems our US citizens who are able to do this kind of work are either too lazy and prefer to live on the street (probably make more money begging), or prefer to be on welfare instead of being productive workers.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I've seen it first hand. The big majority of Mexicans (some illegal, some with cards) who are working in the groves and tomato farms here in Florida are hard working, polite, good people who see the opportunity to provide for their families. They send their money back home to their families and live here with very little. It seems our US citizens who are able to do this kind of work are either too lazy and prefer to live on the street (probably make more money begging), or prefer to be on welfare instead of being productive workers.
Just to echo you comment... one only has to look at roofing, brick laying, framing, landscaping and any type of agricultural activity to understand just how phenomenally productive Hispanic workers are. Trump utilizes foreign workers in all aspects of his businesses and is completely deceitful in his attacks to advance his political agenda.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
My post was not submitted to give someone the opportunity to blast Trump. I wrote it to show that many immigrants are very helpful to our society. Our immigrations problem should have been fixed long before Trump took office. Legislators should be ashamed that the problem even exist.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
My post was not submitted to give someone the opportunity to blast Trump. I wrote it to show that many immigrants are very helpful to our society. Our immigrations problem should have been fixed long before Trump took office. Legislators should be ashamed that the problem even exist.
Sort of like fixing the North Korea problem or balancing the budget? Not surprising that there is no easy fix to a difficult issue.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
1. Once it's out of your hands it's out of your hands.

2. Immigrants are very helpful to our nation.

3. This should have been fixed long before Trump.

4. Trump has made the problem exponentially worse and there is not much doubting that for anyone paying attention.

5. Thank you.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I think most if not all politicians are deceitful when trying to advance their political agendas.
Just to echo you comment... one only has to look at roofing, brick laying, framing, landscaping and any type of agricultural activity to understand just how phenomenally productive Hispanic workers are. Trump utilizes foreign workers in all aspects of his businesses and is completely deceitful in his attacks to advance his political agenda.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
H1B is how Google and others bring in many of their immigrant employees. University of Alabama even does some H1B for staff but most are educational related visas for research scientists and professors.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
H1B is how Google and others bring in many of their immigrant employees. University of Alabama even does some H1B for staff but most are educational related visas for research scientists and professors.
I've used H1B to recruit from overseas myself. Brought over some great people

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I vote in every election. If you don't vote you should not complain about how elections turn out. When making a decision about who to vote for I vote based on what I believe and feel is best for the country as a whole. And yes I allow my religious beliefs to influence me.
Does that mean you just see nothing to choose among them, then?

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I vote in every election. If you don't vote you should not complain about how elections turn out. When making a decision about who to vote for I vote based on what I believe and feel is best for the country as a whole. And yes I allow my religious beliefs to influence me.
What do you do when both candidates violate your religious beliefs?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
H2A Visa

H1B is for specialty employees
H2B is for non agriculture temp workers (Like the staff at MaraLago)
Yes but my point is we already have a legal way to bring needed workers to this country without having people coming here illegally. If the visa program still leaves shortages then the quotas should be changed.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Yes but my point is we already have a legal way to bring needed workers to this country without having people coming here illegally. If the visa program still leaves shortages then the quotas should be changed.
The federal government will always be ineffective in response to the needs of of a peach grower in Clanton, Alabama or a brick contractor in anywhere USA. That is the reason those involved in a wide variety of activities needing manual labor resort to picking up workers at the border or engaging a service that provides those workers. If a farmer, as an example, has a hundred acres of ripe peaches in the field they are going to hire workers regardless of their Visa status. If we believe the political bureaucracy in DC or Montgomery will help resolve that we will have a long wait and not nearly enough houses to live in or enough food on our tables.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.