Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718
Results 222 to 228 of 228
  1. #222
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Atlanta 'Burbs
    Posts
    10,866

    Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInCummingGA View Post
    For the record, I do care.
    That having been said, it's time for us to quit making this just about "brown people" because there are enough illegal Caucasians in the country, but of course that doesn't fight the liberal narrative does it?
    hate to break it to you but the left isn't the side focusing on black and brown people, they are just the ones pointing it out
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

  2. #223
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    156

    Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    hate to break it to you but the left isn't the side focusing on black and brown people, they are just the ones pointing it out
    Problem is, you aren't pointing out the Caucasians or Asians. Therefore, if you're not calling all illegal aliens ….well......ILEGAL..... and are just speaking about one subset of illegal aliens you have an agenda. You see, I look at ALL illegal aliens as being law breakers (regardless of race, religion, economic status or whatever other criteria you may choose to use) and as such they need to be deported to their country of origin. Along with that, I don't have a problem with people coming into this country (again, regardless of race, religion, economic status, etc) as long as they follow OUR LAWS to do it. You will argue that the laws are flawed or cumbersome. I may agree with you there but if that's the case then petition your representatives to change the laws/streamline the process, etc. And again, quit just making about the "brown people" and address the WHOLE issue.
    You would also argue (like so many liberals do as well as those on the right who have a "vested interest" in protecting their friends who hire illegals - see how I did that? I didn't just blame one side and call the repubs the good guys who can do no wrong ) that if not for the illegals we wouldn't have anyone to pick crops. I say that you certainly would as soon as you make it more beneficial for citizens here to go out and work in fields instead of sitting around spitting out children they barely take care of because they just want to extra money they get for more children.
    You would say "but that is cruel". It's no more cruel to do it today than what it was when my grandfather and his family did it to make money and survive.
    Politicians on both sides would say (not publicly on the record of course) that if they actually stopped some of all this nonsense going on they would lose votes. I say no they wouldn't because they still have to vote for someone - if they even care enough to vote at all.
    We can make all the excuses we want to but you try existing in another country illegally and see if you get quarter of the "swag" that illegals get here.
    While I feel bad for the people in these other countries whose gvts have screwed things up and let their own people down and do nothing to help them, the U.S. can't be the safety net for EVERYONE. We just cannot sustain that.

  3. #224
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,782

    Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInCummingGA View Post
    For the record, I do care.
    That having been said, it's time for us to quit making this just about "brown people" because there are enough illegal Caucasians in the country, but of course that doesn't fight the liberal narrative does it?
    Have you called the president to relay your concerns about his language regarding people from south of the border and Africa? He really should stop doing that. Oh, and Muslims, too.

    BTW, it's really weird that this is your comment to a post/story about an American citizen who is but one of a number who have been detained and deported/nearly deported/threatened with deportation who happen to be....wait for it.....brown.

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInCummingGA View Post
    Problem is, you aren't pointing out the Caucasians or Asians. Therefore, if you're not calling all illegal aliens ….well......ILEGAL..... and are just speaking about one subset of illegal aliens you have an agenda. You see, I look at ALL illegal aliens as being law breakers (regardless of race, religion, economic status or whatever other criteria you may choose to use) and as such they need to be deported to their country of origin. Along with that, I don't have a problem with people coming into this country (again, regardless of race, religion, economic status, etc) as long as they follow OUR LAWS to do it. You will argue that the laws are flawed or cumbersome. I may agree with you there but if that's the case then petition your representatives to change the laws/streamline the process, etc. And again, quit just making about the "brown people" and address the WHOLE issue.
    You would also argue (like so many liberals do as well as those on the right who have a "vested interest" in protecting their friends who hire illegals - see how I did that? I didn't just blame one side and call the repubs the good guys who can do no wrong ) that if not for the illegals we wouldn't have anyone to pick crops. I say that you certainly would as soon as you make it more beneficial for citizens here to go out and work in fields instead of sitting around spitting out children they barely take care of because they just want to extra money they get for more children.
    You would say "but that is cruel". It's no more cruel to do it today than what it was when my grandfather and his family did it to make money and survive.
    Politicians on both sides would say (not publicly on the record of course) that if they actually stopped some of all this nonsense going on they would lose votes. I say no they wouldn't because they still have to vote for someone - if they even care enough to vote at all.
    We can make all the excuses we want to but you try existing in another country illegally and see if you get quarter of the "swag" that illegals get here.
    While I feel bad for the people in these other countries whose gvts have screwed things up and let their own people down and do nothing to help them, the U.S. can't be the safety net for EVERYONE. We just cannot sustain that.
    Again, do you plan on contacting the president with your concern that he is making this about the brown people and not addressing the whole issue? I think he needs to hear that from that side of the isle.

    I'm going to ignore you choice of words and imagery for now and focus on which people are making this about race.

    I think it pertinent to point out that the same president who could not bring himself to condemn white supremacists for being white supremacist even after one murdered someone and injured more also called Mexican immigrants terms like bad hombres, murderers, rapist, vermin, an infestation, said the Mexican government only sent bad people here - essentially calling all immigrants from south of the border these things.

    I'm also going to ignore his s-hole countries commentary, but I will point out that he only ever uses these labels that are demeaning with people of color and different religions (eg;...Islam).

    We really should stop making this about brown people and this change should start with the president and the people who knowingly support his words and actions in this regard. Hopefully, you'll get right on that.
    Last edited by NationalTitles17; July 29th, 2019 at 11:02 PM.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  4. #225
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    18,810

    Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

    Hot damn at the nuclear take though. "Its myopic to just deport the coloreds, lets not forget about the pollocks too!"
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

  5. #226
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,782

    Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

    Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Have you called the president to relay your concerns about his language regarding people from south of the border and Africa? He really should stop doing that. Oh, and Muslims, too.

    BTW, it's really weird that this is your comment to a post/story about an American citizen who is but one of a number who have been detained and deported/nearly deported/threatened with deportation who happen to be....wait for it.....brown.



    Again, do you plan on contacting the president with your concern that he is making this about the brown people and not addressing the whole issue? I think he needs to hear that from that side of the isle.

    I'm going to ignore you choice of words and imagery for now and focus on what people are making this about race.

    I think it pertinent to point out that the same president who could not bring himself to condemn white supremacists for being white supremacist even after one murdered someone and injured more also called Mexican immigrants terms like bad hombres, murderers, rapist, vermin, an infestation, said the Mexican government only sent bad people here - essentially calling all immigrants from south of the border these things.

    I'm also going to ignore his s-hole countries commentary, but I will point out that he only ever uses these labels that are demeaning with people of color and different religions (eg;...Islam).

    We really should stop making this about brown people and this change should start with the president and the people who knowingly support his words and actions in this regard. Hopefully, you'll get right on that.
    To be clear on the bolded part - it does not seem to bother some of us that US citizens are being caught up in a xenophobic machine and illegally and unlawfully detained for hours or even weeks under color of law. It does not bother some of us that US citizens are being demanded to produce their papers to stay in this country and even when they do are still being detained. It does not bother some of us that US citizens' rights are being disregarded in a rabid bid to rid the country of "those people". It does not bother some of us that the vast majority of these people are brown and they are targeted specifically because they are.

    We are not the ones making this about race or religion. That's the man in the white house and those who put him there and still support his words and actions.

    And to be clear yet again, I am a classical liberal and that does not mean what you may think it means prior to googling it.

    We should be working together to end this president's propensity to make this issue about race. I hope you will join those of us who are working on this in whatever small ways we can.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  6. #227
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,782

    Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Hot damn at the nuclear take though. "Its myopic to just deport the coloreds, lets not forget about the pollocks too!"
    How about those welfare folk (I wonder what color most of those are perceived to be) going back to the fields to pick stuff for us or use of the term swag (illegally gotten goods)? It's racists to point it out, though.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  7. #228
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,210

    Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInCummingGA View Post
    Problem is, you aren't pointing out the Caucasians or Asians. Therefore, if you're not calling all illegal aliens ….well......ILEGAL..... and are just speaking about one subset of illegal aliens you have an agenda. You see, I look at ALL illegal aliens as being law breakers (regardless of race, religion, economic status or whatever other criteria you may choose to use) and as such they need to be deported to their country of origin.
    This argument isn’t logically sound.

    1. By and large the immigrants coming in through the southern border are claiming asylum. Under US law they are not illegal aliens, they are asylum seekers up until the conclusion of their asylum hearing.
    2. The majority of umbrage by those on the left isn’t due to the laws and resulting deportation of the aforementioned asylum seekers. It is due to new policies by the current administration that is causing inhumane treatment of those asylum seekers.
    3. It isn’t the left that is framing it as an anti “brown people” issue. You mention illegal immigration of caucasians and asians as being just as important, yet the administration has not focused any of their messaging on asking for help with regards to targeting visa overstays or other means by which those illegal aliens would be here.

    It isn’t the left that is framing the agenda through unequal messaging regarding the immigration issue. It is the current administration that is framing that agenda through their actions.

    You are expecting the left to be “fair and balanced” in their messaging, while at the same time not recognizing that there is no attempt at “fair and balanced” policy or actions from the current administration.

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInCummingGA View Post
    I say that you certainly would as soon as you make it more beneficial for citizens here to go out and work in fields instead of sitting around spitting out children they barely take care of because they just want to extra money they get for more children.
    It is difficult to take your post as race agnostic when you use language like this. You may not realize it, but this is the “welfare queen” dog whistle that has been around since Reagan. You might think that it is equally applicable to the poor regardless of race, yet traditionally that type of language has been used to characterize poor people of color. Here is a link you may or may not feel beneficial in helping you identify common dog whistles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salon.com article
    Martin Gilens has an essay [“How the Poor Became Black”] about how media influences racial perceptions, and he talks on the national level about how when CBS reports on the undeserving poor it’s more likely to be a black face and when it’s the working poor or hard times it’s more likely to be a white face. What effect does the national media have on dog-whistle politics? How have they been complicit in this?
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInCummingGA View Post
    We can make all the excuses we want to but you try existing in another country illegally and see if you get quarter of the "swag" that illegals get here.
    I would be interested in some proof. Give real numbers, maybe an actual $/illegal alien rate. Here is an article that details the legality of illegal aliens consuming federal and state benefits.

    I broke down a lot of the money issues in a post about a month ago. I’m not closed off with regards to having my eyes opened regarding just how detrimental illegals and asylum seekers are, so if you’re interested in having a real debate, I would love to. But making a blanket statement without proof, and expecting anyone to cede that point isn’t a good way to start.
    Last edited by chanson78; July 29th, 2019 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear