Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    -snip- We should be concerned that holding facilities do not have proper medical care, not over these things. -snip-
    I wonder what our facilities look like right now and what medical resources are available? I don't know - just curious.

That said - I don't know why we don't build some HUGE medical facility - larger than anything in the entire state. I'm sure we could secure funds from the many private entities who advocate for our immigration community. Heck - have every congress person donate 5% of the annual salary for two years straight. Also the Republican and Democratic Party could each chip in a million or two....maybe more.

We could also recruit employees from across the border - maybe those also who are part of those in the process of seeking asylum.

How about a facility something along the lines of Walter Reed?

I would think an idea like this would be extremely attractive for any presidential candidate - especially a Democrat.

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Well, if we build barriers to deter them from coming, we wouldn't have to house and treat them right?
    Nothing has deterred then yet including hundreds of miles of barriers and forcefully removing children so what is a little more barrier going to do?

here in the real world we just need to face the issue in a humane and efficient manner while putting our so called values into practice.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Nothing has deterred then yet including hundreds of miles of barriers and forcefully removing children so what is a little more barrier going to do?

here in the real world we just need to face the issue in a humane and efficient manner while putting our so called values into practice.
    unfortunately, the gop is putting their actual values into practice.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

ICE Raids Texas Technology Company, Arrests 280 Over Immigration Violations

Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrested 280 employees at a technology repair company in Collin County, Texas, on charges of working in the United States illegally. It's the largest work site raid in the country in more than a decade, according to a Homeland Security Investigations official.
    Prior to Wednesday's raid in Allen, 159 undocumented workers were arrested in the small northeast Texas town of Sumner at a trailer manufacturer.

The largest workplace raid to ever take place in the U.S. was in Postville, Iowa, in May of 2008, where almost 400 undocumented workers were arrested.
    Third-largest employer in Allen

According to the Allen Economic Development Corp. website, CVE has 2,100 employees, making it the third-largest employer in the city.
    CVE already had an office in Plano when it moved its headquarters from New Jersey to Allen in 2014. The company was founded by Howard Cho in 1986 and is now headed by his son Edward Cho.
    In 2014, Samsung accounted for 75 percent of the company's business, but CVE planned to reduce that significantly as it expanded, according to North Jersey Media Group.

The company was honored in 2017 by the U.S. Department of Commerce's Minority Business Development Agency with a national award.
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

I wonder why they never arrest the company officials who hire the illegals? You know, like Devin Nunes and his Iowa ranch.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    I wonder why they never arrest the company officials who hire the illegals? You know, like Devin Nunes and his Iowa ranch.
    My ex is employed by a multi-national manufacturer based in Europe who operates in the US and Mexico. I was surprised to learn that they employ large numbers of contract labor
    personnel in their manufacturing plants. Essentially they are skirting their responsibility for certifying citizenship of employees by pushing that responsibility to the contract labor business. I leave it to our imagination to assess how the contract labor business determines employment eligibility of hundreds of Hispanic employees.

There is a lot to be said from a business standpoint but one conclusion I would make is that business in general has major issues with the supply of labor in the US which is greatly exasperated by Trumps war on immigration.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    His cows keep trying to turn him in too.

This was a nice gesture.

"Old dog - new tricks"

From today. Audio doesn't kick in until about the 5 minute mark. Lots of praise from those who are at the tip of the spear and dealing with the problems.

"Old dog - new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    From today. Audio doesn't kick in until about the 5 minute mark. Lots of praise from those who are at the tip of the spear and dealing with the problems.

this just in Fox News breaks from their norm and produces a puff piece on Trump
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    this just in Fox News breaks from their norm and produces a puff piece on Trump
    fox provides one with a big picture view of what's happening.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    fox provides one with a big picture view of what's happening.
    If only there was some article that someone could link on this board explaining how Fox News had profited greatly as a modern day king maker, and their relationship between Fox, its viewers, and the election of Trump. I’m sure that would be read in its entirety and used to possibly shape ones world view as a source of information outside the right wing bubble. It is a shame that nothing like that has been posted in the past few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

Tip of the spear?