Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) - Page 8
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

don't worry, be happy.

Videos appear to show armed militia detaining migrants at US-Mexico border

Armed rightwing militia members detained a large group of migrants at the US-Mexico border and coordinated with US border patrol agents to have them arrested, according to the American Civil Liberties Union, in a series of actions the civil liberties organization called a “kidnapping” and a flagrant violation of the law.

Several videos taken at the border in New Mexico this week appeared to show men belonging to a group that calls itself the United Constitutional Patriots approaching migrant families and children, ordering them to sit down, calling federal agents on them, and at one point potentially misrepresenting themselves by saying “border patrol” as they approached.

“The Trump administration’s vile racism has emboldened white nationalists and fascists to flagrantly violate the law,” the ACLU of New Mexico said in a letter to the state’s governor and attorney general, urging them to “immediately investigate this atrocious and unlawful conduct”.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    Were they wearing brown shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Were they wearing brown shirts?
    but it's totally not the same. these guys are just economically anxious and want to ensure a great america.

anyway, this is no worse than those times when obama rounded up real-americans and put them in fema re-education camps
    Last edited by 92tide; April 19th, 2019 at 02:45 PM.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Bwahahaaa......this is the world we live in, folks......

"Old dog - new tricks"

Proof positive of why you should have to pass a test to be able to vote......
    Formerly known as BamaInCummingGa

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInMo1 View Post
    Proof positive of why you should have to pass a test to be able to vote......
    I hear ya but they give you tests in high school don't they? Most voters are high school grads, I'd venture.

Do they teach Civics in school any more?

With our 24 hour news cycle though, I would love to see a channel devoted 100% to how government runs and is structured. Probably have a hard time competing for ratings against "Keeping up with the Kardasians" or (insert any other reality show here).
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I hear ya but they give you tests in high school don't they? Most voters are high school grads, I'd venture.

Do they teach Civics in school any more?

With our 24 hour news cycle though, I would love to see a channel devoted 100% to how government runs and is structured. Probably have a hard time competing for ratings against "Keeping up with the Kardasians" or (insert any other reality show here).
    Do you mean something like c-span?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post
    Do you mean something like c-span?
    I LOVE C-Span but it mostly just covers proceedings....which I agree is useful for those unfamiliar with how government works.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of all the basic civics stuff that you should know as a citizen and also the things that might be asked during a citizenship test.

For example:

"Old dog - new tricks"

an update on these douchebag "patriots"

but this wouldn't be happening if schoolhouse rock was still on tv

Militia leader allegedly claimed his group was training to assassinate Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, court papers said

"Hopkins also allegedly made the statement that the United Constitutional Patriots were training to assassinate George Soros, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, because of these individuals' support of Antifa," according to court papers.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

an update on these douchebag "patriots"

but this wouldn't be happening if schoolhouse rock was still on tv

Militia leader allegedly claimed his group was training to assassinate Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, court papers said
    If you saw someone assaulting a lady would you intervene to stop it or would you stand idly by and call the police for help?

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    If you saw someone assaulting a lady would you intervene to stop it or would you stand idly by and call the police for help?
    you are actually defending these idiots? i can't say i'm surprised.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    So training to assassinate BO and HC is equivalent to helping a lady? Does it have to be any lady? Maybe specifically a little old lady? What about a guy who was being assaulted? At what part of the false equivalency argument between training to assassinate BO and HC and stopping an assault does it begin to break down?

I imagine you were trying to create a false equivalency between militia people going down to the border to stop people from crossing illegally and that of a random good citizen stepping in to prevent a crime.

At this point, as long as you are willing to go with this argument, you might as well go whole hog.

So yes, if I were to purposefully drive to find and prevent ladies from being assaulted in a location that I did not live in, I would probably not call the police. I have another false equivalency. If you went to a restaurant and wanted food, would you call their take out number or just speak to the hostess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

you are actually defending these idiots? i can't say i'm surprised.
    I know nothing about the group, I'm simply addressing a citizen detaining someone who has broken the law until law enforcement officials arrive to arrest the perpetrator. Is that wrong?
    Last edited by Displaced Bama Fan; April 23rd, 2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Grammar "I" not "I'm"