Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) - Page 9
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    I'm know nothing about the group, I'm simply addressing a citizen detaining someone who has broken the law until law enforcement officials arrive to arrest the perpetrator. Is that wrong?
    for what I feel is the billionth time one of us has said this on nonsports

asking for Asylum after crossing the border in the US is not illegal, in fact is explicitly the legal way to do it

you can now proceed with whatever point you are trying to make
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

I'm know nothing about the group, I'm simply addressing a citizen detaining someone who has broken the law until law enforcement officials arrive to arrest the perpetrator. Is that wrong?
    riiight.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    for what I feel is the billionth time one of us has said this on nonsports

asking for Asylum after crossing the border in the US is not illegal, in fact is explicitly the legal way to do it

you can now proceed with whatever point you are trying to make
    But most aren't truly seeking asylum.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    riiight.
    Ok.......

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

And you know this how, exactly?
    This is the darkest timeline.

That's the decision of an immigration judge, not yours. And it would have to be decided, anyway, not presumed...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    And you know this how, exactly?
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

i'm guessing his militia cosplay fantasies didn't include this

Leader of self-styled U.S. citizen border patrol attacked in jail

SUNLAND PARK, N.M. (Reuters) - The leader of an armed group that spent two months detaining migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border, drawing condemnation from civil liberties advocates, was hospitalized after he was attacked in jail, his lawyer and authorities said.
    Last edited by 92tide; April 24th, 2019 at 08:44 PM.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

A Massachusetts state court judge and a former court officer were indicted on obstruction of justice and other charges after allegedly helping a twice-deported undocumented defendant elude immigration authorities.

More here:

Judge Shelley Joseph: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

"Old dog - new tricks"

ICE raids: what we know

ICE plans to sweep major cities on Sunday in a series of raids as part of an effort to detain 2,000 immigrants who have been issued final orders of removal.

The raids were originally scheduled for June at President Donald Trump’s request; however, the president postponed them shortly before they were set to begin to give Congress time to craft immigration reform legislation. Trump threatened to move forward with the raids if the legislative branch failed to make progress within two weeks.
    That deadline has now passed, and ICE officials announced last week that the agency would raid cities including Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, and San Francisco beginning Sunday. Because of Tropical Storm Barry, the raids on New Orleans and Houston will reportedly be postponed.
    "Using the term raid, does everyone a disservice." ~ Matt Albence, acting ICE Director

Does the immigrant community mentioned by the mayors in the above segment also include illegal immigrants? If so, I think that is quite disingenuous.
    "Old dog - new tricks"

"There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

ICE raids: what we know

"Using the term raid, does everyone a disservice." ~ Matt Albence, acting ICE Director

Does the immigrant community mentioned by the mayors in the above segment also include illegal immigrants? If so, I think that is quite disingenuous.
    If this is truly about deporting criminals I have no problem with it at all. The problem is when the president is a proven pathological liar, I have no idea what to believe.

I would feel better if asylum applicants actually received notice of their hearings, which they don't. Sometimes, it's not easy, but the methods are not really calculated to reach immigrants...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis