Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
From what I understand, those targeted have already had their day in court and were ordered to leave.

What's happening now is enforcement of the judge's orders as a result of those court hearings.

What I don't like is the term "raid" being used for this enforcement and I also don't understand why this is getting so much attention in the media, unless it's just for political purposes or to generate ratings, both of which don't necessarily help the situation.
I checked and that's correct. Most of them do show up for their hearings...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It’s getting a lot of attention because the president has talked about it a lot.
I wonder why that is. And I can't believe the president would talk about it to get his base riled up and then they'd ask why the press is giving it so much attention in the first place.

Can't have it both ways - glad the president is talking it up and doing something and then complain the press is making a big deal of it for no apparent reason. Sorry, but that doesn't even make sense.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Topic Magazine: Your Judge is Your Destiny

Last year, judges across the country denied 65 percent of asylum applications. But that figure obscures significant disparities between courts, and even among judges within the same court. In 2008, for example, a Government Accountability Office study found that asylum seekers in Atlanta were 15 times more likely to be denied asylum than in San Francisco, and eight times more likely than in New York City. A follow-up study, in 2016, reported that little had changed. And a 2017 investigation by Reuters, which analyzed more than 370,000 immigration court cases across the country, concluded that whether a person is deported or not “depends largely on who hears the case, and where.” One attorney with the Southern Poverty Law Center, speaking to the Christian Science Monitor in April, was more blunt: “Your judge is your destiny.”

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I wonder why that is. And I can't believe the president would talk about it to get his base riled up and then they'd ask why the press is giving it so much attention in the first place.

Can't have it both ways - glad the president is talking it up and doing something and then complain the press is making a big deal of it for no apparent reason. Sorry, but that doesn't even make sense.
I fault them both, as was pointed out in my post:

both of which don't necessarily help the situation.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Forgive the bluntness in the question, but do you work in Vegas? You are a master at hedging (not just with plants).
I thought what I wrote was very clearly stated. Where was the hedging?

I also don't understand why this is getting so much attention in the media, unless it's just for political purposes or to generate ratings, both of which don't necessarily help the situation.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I thought what I wrote was very clearly stated. Where was the hedging?

Because it does not exist in a vacuum. You at the least implicitly support the president and ICE in the matter and even posted at least one interview and called one person there potentially disingenuous. You are obviously paying attention, including to the president's own words, which you seem support although you don't just come right out and say it boldly. You then turn around and blame the media for covering what the president says, which his administration then acts upon. You are either part of the ruse or you have been rused because out of one side of your mouths it's one of the most important issues in the country and out of the other side the media is hyping it up. Whether you are just blindly following the president's lackies or you knowingly choose to do that, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Because it does not exist in a vacuum. You at the least implicitly support the president and ICE in the matter and even posted at least one interview and called one person there potentially disingenuous. You are obviously paying attention, including to the president's own words, which you seem support although you don't just come right out and say it boldly. You then turn around and blame the media for covering what the president says, which his administration then acts upon. You are either part of the ruse or you have been rused because out of one side of your mouths it's one of the most important issues in the country and out of the other side the media is hyping it up. Whether you are just blindly following the president's lackies or you knowingly choose to do that, I'm not sure.
Agree to disagree. :p

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Hey Bazz, better hide your dogs from ICE today! They are, after all, Australian Shepherds. Glad to see you back my friend.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

No welfare for immigrants 'cause they cost us our tax money but let's lock them up!
a meme I saw on this but cannot find at the moment

conservatives are always saying "you like immigrants so much would you take them in your house?" "For $775 a day I'll take 4 and buy a bigger house, I'll even give them food, blankets and toothbrushes"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.