Link: Parents not allowed to watch a video their children were forced to watch

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
OK, here's the sitch:

• That area apparently has a high incidence of LGBT suicides, many as a result of school bullying.
  • As a school project, someone went out and found some PSA videos on the subject.
  • Those videos were shown during homeroom one day.

My initial comment stands--there's no reason parents should not be allowed to see the videos. Give them the links, let them complain, and then ask them why they support bullying.
at least speaking for me, i do not give the folks complaining about this the benefit of the doubt that this is about anything other than trying to use this to bash the lbgt community and attempts by "big government" to push a "gay agenda"

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
A voice of reason. And a liberal post that wasn't derogatory in some way. Careful, or they will kick you out.

Exactly. Regardless of availability or the material, the fact is parents weren't allowed to view the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"weren't allowed to view the videos"

They provided the titles and descriptions. That's more than enough to locate the videos for viewing online.

This is molehill mountaineering. Just come on out and say it. The outrage over not receiving links is a red herring. The outrage stems from the subject matter.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
at least speaking for me, i do not give the folks complaining about this the benefit of the doubt that this is about anything other than trying to use this to bash the lbgt community and attempts by "big government" to push a "gay agenda"
That's fair and you're most likely right. Still think you should just provide the links though. I don't really understand the harm that would be done by that but again I could be missing something.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
A voice of reason. And a liberal post that wasn't derogatory in some way. Careful, or they will kick you out.
Are you disregarding my childhood trauma as derogatory?

I was in first grade expecting to learn how to play a recorder. Not watch cartoon rabbits murdering each other.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
A derogatory comment. Your conservative standing is secure.
Your lib programming slipped a little bit by actually wanting more information before jumping to conclusions - as we all know that is a very un-lib like thing to do.

Please report to Camp LibtardHomolover for re-education.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

They provided the titles and descriptions. That's more than enough to locate the videos for viewing online.

This is molehill mountaineering. Just come on out and say it. The outrage over not receiving links is a red herring. The outrage stems from the subject matter.
You're surprised that that the parents and people complaining couldn't use google as well as the students to find a video on the interwebz?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I couldn't care less about the subject matter. It's about being denied access to what your children are being taught, regardless of the subject matter. I'm not a fan of the government creeping more into our lives than it already has.

It's not that big of a deal now, but then again nothing the government ever starts is at the beginning. It always grows out of the box it was originally intended to be in. Just because you agree or supporta topic doesn't mean you should support government refusal to provide the material they are teaching your children.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I couldn't care less about the subject matter. It's about being denied access to what your children are being taught, regardless of the subject matter. I'm not a fan of the government creeping more into our lives than it already has.

It's not that big of a deal now, but then again nothing the government ever starts is at the beginning. It always grows out of the box it was originally intended to be in. Just because you agree or supporta topic doesn't mean you should support government refusal to provide the material they are teaching your children.
If the school system said we're showing the kids -insert movie name- on dvd this week would you expect them to buy a dvd for the parents as well?

I would expect them to think that the parents were capable of doing their own research on the movie in question.

If as AUDub stated they gave parents the name of the videos and a description of the videos then that's essentially the same thing as giving them the links.

If the parents are so internet illiterate that they can't manage to type 8 words into a search engine then I don't think links are going to help them either.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
If the parents are so internet illiterate that they can't manage to type 8 words into a search engine then I don't think links are going to help them either.
Rubes are probably using Bing. That or they are like my mom. They search “Google” on Google so they can click the link to Goolge

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
i tried using goolge once and it just returned gay stuff
damn get called out on my typo. Be right back while I check goolge.com.

EDIT - I'm back. Apparently that just redirects to the gay version of Google.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I must have had the wrong impression, because I thought you were supportive of strict laws that governed the conditions as to whether a woman can decide to have an abortion or not.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.